Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I'm not hitting a nerve here or about to offend anyone that has the latter year, but in doing my research here I'm reading Wiki and a few other places that make mention of the standard 400 getting a 50hp reduction going into the 1971 model due to the energy-crisis ruse, the insurance rates and declining sales.

Coincidentally I'm also noticing that the median prices on current for-sales tend to be much higher on 1970 vs. 1971.

Thoughts? Looking in the $30k realm there are vastly fewer 70's around.

Thank you for your time and thoughts. For what it's worth, I had planned to get a daily driver every 1/2 year, and sell and buy another make/model as long as I can manage to NOT lose money in the process!

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
The '71 had lower compression and less power, but would run better on today's gas, all things being equal. The '70 IMO is much better looking than the '71 and '72, just as the '70 Chevelle is much better looking than the '71 and '72's that followed. A '70 will always be more popular than a '71 and '72, and it was the pinnacle year for the American Muscle Car. Buy what you want and like, and enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts