Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Franklin, VA. My office is in Portsmouth, VA. Anyone else around??

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
gtoavette said:

Mike
Mike,

I'm moving to the Tidewater area very soon, and was looking at buying a GTO. I noticed my insurance company would charge me less to insure an '04 or '05 GTO than my current car, an '02 Mustang GT. Kinda wierd huh? I was wondering if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me what you pay every 6 mos. for insurance on the GTO.

Kyle

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GOKBGO said:
Mike,

I'm moving to the Tidewater area very soon, and was looking at buying a GTO. I noticed my insurance company would charge me less to insure an '04 or '05 GTO than my current car, an '02 Mustang GT. Kinda wierd huh? I was wondering if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me what you pay every 6 mos. for insurance on the GTO.

Kyle
Soon as I find out I will let you know. You would think I would know that right off, but kinda an after thought or no thought at all.

Mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, he lives in Newport News. He's an EMT with the city. His handle is Speeder. I don't think he follows this forum. He purchased his GTO from Duke in Suffolk as did I.

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just picked my 2004 Silver with red leather and aftermarket Westbasto Hollandia 710 series sunroof this week. I live in Front Royal, VA

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nick said:
Just picked my 2004 Silver with red leather and aftermarket Westbasto Hollandia 710 series sunroof this week. I live in Front Royal, VA
Welcome, I live in Franklin.

Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gloucester. That's right Gloucester Virginia, not Mass.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kmav8tor said:
Gloucester. That's right Gloucester Virginia, not Mass.
Did 2 cars shows there last year and have a AV friend lives there that works for the paper mill.

Mike

·
Registered
161 Posts
I retired from the military spending 15 years in Hampton Roads. I'm in NC at the present, but may be moving back to the area. Working on a Portsmouth PD job for myself or the wife.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
roadracer said:
I retired from the military spending 15 years in Hampton Roads. I'm in NC at the present, but may be moving back to the area. Working on a Portsmouth PD job for myself or the wife.
My office is in Portsmouth. If you come back shoot me a PM. Va Beach cops have more toys. That city has a lot of money, Portsmouth doesn't.

Mike

·
Registered
115 Posts
gtoavette said:

Mike
I live in Virginia Beach. Have not seen any GTO's around here.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bluegto04 said:
I live in Virginia Beach. Have not seen any GTO's around here.
I would think once it starts to warm up and Jenro's starts having car shows on Sat. you will see some...me.

Mike

·
Registered
115 Posts
gtoavette said:
I would think once it starts to warm up and Jenro's starts having car shows on Sat. you will see some...me.

Mike
I was at Jenro's several times last year. I am a club member of the Greater Tidewater Owners (GTOS). Would like to see other 2004 and 2005 GTO's join the club.

Chris

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bluegto04 said:
I was at Jenro's several times last year. I am a club member of the Greater Tidewater Owners (GTOS). Would like to see other 2004 and 2005 GTO's join the club.

Chris
Didn't even know there was a club in Tidewater. How do I join??

I am a member of the Chevy Avalanche Club and BeachCombers Corvette Club already.

Mike

·
Registered
115 Posts
gtoavette said:
Didn't even know there was a club in Tidewater. How do I join??

I am a member of the Chevy Avalanche Club and BeachCombers Corvette Club already.

Mike
Follow this link http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm?club=gtos and click on the contact email. The contacts name is Jeff. Just let him know you want to join the club. It cost $15.00 to join the club. After you join, you will receive a club letter with upcoming events.

Chris

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the info.

Mike

·
Registered
41 Posts
just found this site. great forum. i just got my new 2005 gto 2/25/05 torrid red w/ red leather 6 speed. so any others around here in va? oh by the way i am in franklin county,va.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts