Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I don't have the VITAL info card that has the important serial #'s and the code to the radio.

It should be with the owners manual but it is not. Rep at dealer said that I would have to bring the car in for them to give me radio code.

I just want to have the vital info card in my possession for keeps sake.

Any input from Dealers here?

I bought my car at a dealer in a different city 130 miles out.

Thanks for your input

Rinku

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
<ponders for a bit>

<calls Parts department and verifies.>

You need to have your dealership that you purchased the car from call their GM rep to order the card. I could do it for you but I would have to prove proof of ownership and all that fun stuff.

Your dealer should be able to do it fairly quickly and without the proof I would need.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dealernut said:
<ponders for a bit>

<calls Parts department and verifies.>

You need to have your dealership that you purchased the car from call their GM rep to order the card. I could do it for you but I would have to prove proof of ownership and all that fun stuff.

Your dealer should be able to do it fairly quickly and without the proof I would need.
To be honest, my dealership was not all that pleasant to deal with. I have a registration and title in my name. I can scan both and my license and email it to you?

Would that work? Just shoot me a pm with your email address?

Love to use you. You guys have been great....

Rinku

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
hssaini said:
To be honest, my dealership was not all that pleasant to deal with. I have a registration and title in my name. I can scan both and my license and email it to you?

Would that work? Just shoot me a pm with your email address?

Love to use you. You guys have been great....

Rinku
Send me an e-mail

[email protected]. I will call my GM rep and make sure that is what he needs. I am sure those two documents should do a good enough job. Also a copy of your drivers liscense. \]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dealernut said:
Send me an e-mail

[email protected]. I will call my GM rep and make sure that is what he needs. I am sure those two documents should do a good enough job. Also a copy of your drivers liscense. \]

Awesome. Will do so once i get home. Scan all 3 and shoot it over in pdf file.

Thanks for your help.

Rinku

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Your dealer should be able to get that vitol info with just your vin. They log onto G.M. Dealerworld, enter the vin to get the security code and RPO's. I have done this often to verify the security codes when working on lot GTO,s.(sometimes new car prep gets those cards mixed up.)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
PEARL JAM said:
Your dealer should be able to get that vitol info with just your vin. They log onto G.M. Dealerworld, enter the vin to get the security code and RPO's. I have done this often to verify the security codes when working on lot GTO,s.(sometimes new car prep gets those cards mixed up.)
Where in GMDealerworld? I cannot find that on mine. Of course there is so much crap on there I could look for days and not find it.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I too didn't get a card. I called my dealer and they got in touch with Dealerworld. Dealerworld WILL NOT send you or the dealer a card. They will send the dealer via fax the vital information. I got a fax from my dealer with the information on it. I asked if I could get the credit card sized information card and was told GM does not repordce them. My dealer was upset because he knew nothing of a card was in the dark. All the GTO's they sold not one had the card in the car. Why some GTO's have cards and others don't is beyond me. :confused

·
Registered
212 Posts
People are throwing away the card. It looks like junk. It has to be torn from the sheet of paper it is part of, it is not a plastic credit card type and therefore gets thrown away. I almost did it myself. Looked back at the front plate holser and usless papers and other **** I had bagged for trash and there it was.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hssaini - What dealer did you get yours from. I had the same unfortunate experience. I may have bought the car from them, but they will never see it again. I have since dealt with Brandon Pontiac and they seem on the ball.

I just found my info card in the box with the front license plate frame. I didn't look in the box since we don't use front plates in FL (makes the front look even better).

Thanks!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got my car from McNamara Pontiac in Orlando, FL.

I searched thru all paperwork and the license plate holder in trunk was just the dealer advertisement all by its lonesome. It did not have anything with it.

So i am definately missing mine. I did not know about VITAL CARD at time of purchase. I just came to find out by reading forums and doing minor changes to radio and such thru search.

Thanks
Rinku

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.