Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Voice of Forum Members should be heard

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  RMTZ67 
#1 ·
Dear Forum Adminstrators,

Before forum members start dropping out due to frustration with the new website, what say you to polling members to vote on which format they prefer? Keep the new, or return to the old. By the way, what was wrong with the old format to necessitate change?

respectfully,
NoAngelBuddy

#2 ·
I could not agree more. Thanks for posting this. I do wish they had warned us this was coming so I could have saved the info in various saved threads (or subscriptions) to a flash drive or something so I would have that info at my fingertips. Now its lost to the virtual ether (and the search function has not been very helpful or user friendly).

I appreciate your post NoAngelBuddy.

#3 ·
Did some cruising around the new forum and found FAQ's. Surprise, there is a way to find all my old saved info:) It's just a way different method from the previous forum. I am buying a large capacity flashdrive and going through these and saving all the info I found relevant to my GTO before it all gets lost again.

#7 ·
Franky this new format is doing better than I thought it would be. Some of the problems I had early on no longer exist but there still remains problems that need to be ironed out yet. Search being one of them and cut and paste another. Site is still very user unfriendly and non-intuitive.

The El Camino site which changed at the same time is so hosed up, I've just stopped going there.
The Team Chevelle site will be transitioning soon but its members are demanding everything be perfect before it happens. Maybe a long time.

#8 ·
Yep, I still preferred the "old" versus this new set-up. What I liked was the side bar that kept you up to date as to the latest replies. Now, I have to go through each category looking for which post was answered and sometimes if multiple posts have been answered, I have to pay attention to the "hours ago" time frames which I think are stupid.
I don't need to know who posted X many replies/posts per category, who cares, it's not a contest or is it?

I also find that when I sometimes insert my "thumbs up" emoji that it finds its way where ever it chooses to land than I have to delete it and try again. Uploading photos can be the same - have to be careful as to what point you are loading them up. Thumbnail or full with full sometimes being too large and won't load, or does not show up and I get the "refresh to show photo" or some crap like that. So I refresh and the pic shows up. Why do I have to do that?

The "Search Community" should be a little more clear, especailly for new users who come to this site. What does it really mean? How about "Search Topics & Key Words" in a Pontiac engine blue highlighted to stand out rather than that obscure shade of grey in a black border. How about a "white" box like most of us are familiar with with most search engines we use to access the net and again, a nice bold border in Pontiac blue? Many of the questions I have seen of late could be answered by doing such a search.

So I still think the "new" sucks. I have been over on the PY site reading many of their postings and answers and have come to the conclusion that that site has more ego, braggadocious types, and bickering than help. So not to thrilled with that forum either.

#9 · (Edited)
Well.. I am glad I was able to get thru with my engine rebuild when I did. Because it seems most of the veteran members that helped me are not visiting the site as much as the older site, I don't feel the thrill.. like I used to myself. You can Call us geezers but right now....that's where the knowledge is at. You youngsters even realize Pontiac doesn't even exist anymore? I know....change is never a easy thing, but it's just not as much fun.:confused:

#10 ·
I have been over on the PY site reading many of their postings and answers and have come to the conclusion that that site has more ego, braggadocious types, and bickering than help. So not to thrilled with that forum either.

Thats true, but the level of knowledge at that site is outstanding. The multiple opinions voiced at PY helped me developed a course of action when building my engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.