Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have you guys seen theses new VW GTI commercials? I think they are hillareous. They are mocking the "Pimp my Ride"show and they open the commercials with the tag line "Un-pimp my ride".
I just saw the one where they took a riced out Pink and black eclipse with a huge wing and then launched it with a catapult. They then gave the guy a nice White GTI Mk V. to replace the ricer they trashed.
GM needs to have more commercials like these instead of a damn cobalt playing with a ball!

·
Registered
700 Posts
That's about the ultimate in cheesy commercials. Personally, I'm kinda glad that pontiac hasn't done anything that silly. I laugh at them, which means they get my attention, so in a purely marketing-ish way, they get the point across. However, it doesn't do much to show off the product...it's just quietly sitting there in the back.

·
Registered
115 Posts
true, but it has a GTO forum talking about it, I am pretty sure no one is talking about GTO commercials in the VW forum, but I do think those are cool commercials, you know the commercials featuring the "fast" those "fast" things are going for $500+ on ebay!!!:eek:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah they are cheesy but VW is smart for going with this line of commercials. I can assure you they are meeting their target audience, the Fast and the Furious tuner crowd. Can you honestly say that GM met their target audience with the advertising for the Cobalt SS supercharged?
They had a fantastic commercial with the kids driving the corevettes, light hearted, fun, had people saying "hey did you see that corvette commercial?" What did they do when a small group rose a stink because kids were driving cars? They pulled it! Jesus Christ no wonder why they are in a mess they have no back bone to stick behind advertising that can help rejuvenate them, or even take a risk and go crazy like VW.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Yes, those commercials are great. My favorite part:

Female VW Engineer: What does that do (pointing at pro stock style hood scoop on a riced out Honda).

Asain Kid: It sucks air.

Female VW Engineer: Oh, it sucks alright.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Great commercials for one of the only two FWD cars I would buy...(the other being the Audi A3...which is essentially the same car)...

"Representing Deutchland!" :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
I must say, after playing around in the 2006 GTO at the Philadelphia Auto Show :D I went over to the GTI and it got my attention alright. Still, O beats I ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts