Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum, and had a question. On April 8, I put down a $500 deposit on a GTO at my local dealer. At that time you could get the $1000 cash back with my GMS, and that is what got me to the dealer. He said that he had a Blk/Blk 6 speed already on order for the dealership. The $500 secured the car for me. May comes and now I can get 0% financing. Great! Deals run out at the end of May, and he says that the port in LA is 6 weeks behind. Not to mention the 2 weeks on a train. I just don't believe the guy, and I lost the cash and 0%. Has anyone else experienced extended waiting? I am starting to think the vehicle was damaged or something. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GTO judge said:
Banner you can believe the salesman. Read the thread>> The US govt is keeping my car hostage." Read the posts in that thread. My response is #2. You haven't been waiting nearly as long as some others on here. There is a massive backlog getting out GTO's from the docks. Good Luck waiting.

Thanks! That does make me feel better.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a similar selling point - "my" T-Red M6 was invoiced and should be at the dealership "any day." I too put $500 down on the credit card as security to be the first one sitting in the car. After 3 weeks of persistent calls and the dealership telling me they had "no clue where the car was," as soon as I gave them a deadline of the end of that week before I backed out and cancelled the charge on my card, the Goat magically appeared!

Sorry to hear of your crap luck. Some dealerships can be pretty outright terrible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The day after I posted this thread I checked the dealer inventory, and there it was. I called and the salesman, and he didn't even now it was out there. Even though the Pontiac site shows my car at the dealer, the salesman told me it is in Kansas or something. He said it will be two more weeks. At least it now has a VIN number. The funny thing is, when a family member did a check at GM, the Vin shows it was BUILT on June 5. This is a crazy way to purchase a vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.