Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my mom's friend is the CEO of a local hospital. The guy is "Mr. Money Bags" and just recently had a BMW 535i built and shipped. Well he has been talking trash about how my GTO wouldn't stand a chance against him for a couple of months now. I've been wanting to settle the score for a while but when the time comes he decides he just wants to talk trash and not run 'em. Well last night we are having easter dinner and my cousins tell me they wana go for a ride in the Goat. I ablige and he decides he wants some attention too so he follows. One of my cousins is in the car with me. We line them up on a newly paved road near my house and he punches it. I let him get a car and a half ahead of me before I lay into it...by the top of first I am a fender ahead of him...but he holds on to me for most of second. We let off at about 60mph. I was surprised how quick that thing was BUT he still fell prey to the Goat. The look on his face afterwards was priceless. He can't believe he got beaten by a car that cost me 45K less than his ....He DEF respects the goat now.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody know how fast those things are? Looking at the numbers, there is no way he should have hung on to me in second like that. I was VERY surprised.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Yeah for the GTO! :party: Don't know how fast those BMW's are but at least you shut him up. He had it built and shipped so his car is 2-3x's the cost of your GTO too.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Did you ask him what he has done to it? I dont know what mods you have on your GTO but even with it being stock you should of beaten him worse than that. That is if his is stock also but it doesnt sound like it is. Congrats. on the kill. :cheers

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you ask him what he has done to it? I dont know what mods you have on your GTO but even with it being stock you should of beaten him worse than that. That is if his is stock also but it doesnt sound like it is. Congrats. on the kill. :cheers
Yea, he is stock. I have CAI and tune.
those are good little TT I6s, but you should have walked that big 5 series a little better.
They weigh what the GTO's do. I suspect they have really short gears so third is when I would have started puttin bus lengths on him. BUT yes, I would have expected to pound him a lot worse than I did. First gear looked about right but second gear didn't add but about a foot to my lead.

What did he do to allow you to pass him at the top of first when he had a car and a half on you?
I was at a very slow roll as he reached his 1.5 cars and I slowly fed in throttle to WOT. It wasn't like I stayed at a dead stop until he was 1.5 cars ahead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts