Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can u guys reassure me that if i buy one, parts and warranty claims won't be in issue...and what if i total my goat what will my ins. give me ($) if the cars production is obsolete..just a little worried about buying a model that is going out w/ the dinosaurs....:confused

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
meadow1115 said:
can u guys reassure me that if i buy one, parts and warranty claims won't be in issue...and what if i total my goat what will my ins. give me ($) if the cars production is obsolete..just a little worried about buying a model that is going out w/ the dinosaurs....:confused
Warranty claims, in my experience, are a pain. The dealers suck much in the way of ass...but they eventually relent.

That being said, I have 75k miles on mine (see the thread below) and I've only had one claim. These are very well built cars...the failure of my tranny was a "sh*t-happens" occurance.

You're on your own for the rest, I dunno.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
meadow1115 said:
The drivetrain is GM parts bin engineering
  • LS2 Shared With Current Corvette
  • T56 6 Speed Manual Transmission Shared With Vette Z06
  • 4L65E Auto Transmission Shared With GM Trucks And Probably Other GM Vehicles

The alternator, A/C compressor, engine electronics, steering pump, brake master cylinder are probably also right out of the GM parts bin. I doubt they were developed only for the GTO/Monaro platform.

The differential is by Dana, common as dirt.

Brakes are Australian (PBR) on the 05/06 but should be readily available.

Sheet metal is Australian but should be available for a while.

Likewise, all the plastic trim is Holden/GM Australia.

Personally, I'm not worried about parts at all. Wouldn't let that stop you.

Now as to whether your insurance company will impress you with their payout when you total the GTO. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Don't care what you drive or who your insurance company is, they will try to stick one up your backside.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.