Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Im dreaming but what the heck.

Late GTO Judge with a June build date. Thus the motor is most likely a May (E) cast date 9790071. Im also looking for the original PQ transmission. Both items would have the last six numbers in vin# 188671.
Any and all help is appreciated and Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
I have a YZ code motor in my 72. It has the 48 heads on it and Not sure if it is a 69 or 70. The previous owner bought it and had it rebuilt. It is in my car and runs great. Had a 69 Judge owner talking to me at a car show yesterday. He needs that motor. Not that I'm thinking of removing it, but you never know. I don't know the casting number or associated Vin. But I could try to look. Would I have to remove the water pump to see the VIN? Anyway, just from a value/insurance standpoint, any info on value and anything else is appreciated. You can also send a PM if you prefer.
Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Gary,
Thanks for replying! The cast date is by the distributor hole and vin passenger side vertical along side of cover. Sometimes hard to see due to lite stampings and (thick) paint Send me pics to [email protected] to review and i.d.. Value would depend upon year and or application of the block.
Enjoy your Sunday, Limelight

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks,
I did some looking today, but to see clearly, I may have to pull the distributor (bad angle and all). Had a harder time on the VIN number near the timing cover even using a mirror and light. I will try harder in the next couple of days and let you know what I come up with.
Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
6 Posts
PS, called the guy I bought it from and he insists it's a 69 as he looked at the numbers while having it rebuilt. Will look again maybe later in the week as the car is going in for light paint/body work on the hood.
Gary

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me know what happens and appreciate the effort. Hell you never know where some of these parts ended up after fifty years +/-. Hopefully not in the scrap yard is all I can say.
Cheers, Brian

·
Registered
741 Posts
very true
just yackin with a gent about pulleys and he asked if I knew anyone with a ram air IV
69 that didnt have its original block.

he gave me details ... car color and partial vin because he ran the phs

I told him I would ask around ...
'I knew of 3 green IV cars ....

yup it was a local friend of 40 years block .....they made a deal

3 weeks later he took a week off and drove to AZ with his boys
and picked up the block ....

probably added 40% to the value of his car

I gave me a whole bunch of 69 Grand Prix SJ parts and a big thanks for the turn on

its worth the asking .... you never know

I have someone elses WS in my Judge

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I know its a long shot but never hurts to try.
I have a 428 in the judge from second owner but bought a YZ block to match. It is a E199 date for my June 30th build. The vin is 0755255 if anyone knows of this car??? Thought about running the phs to learn about her but havent pulled the trigger.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If any info on either TH400 or block aka engine. Feel free to call me at 906-221-4562 or emai [email protected]

Thanks for any help in tying to reassemble this old rag top Judge.
Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts