Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My push-button reading lights on the interior dome light haven't worked since the day I brought it home. It isn't really a big deal, but I'd still like them to work... If they're supposed to. The shift light doesn't work on the tach, so I was just wondering if this is something else that's present on the car, but isn't supposed to work. I don't want to send my goat to the vet if nothing can be done. Thanks dudes and dudettes!

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
sharkbite1979 said:
My push-button reading lights on the interior dome light haven't worked since the day I brought it home. It isn't really a big deal, but I'd still like them to work... If they're supposed to. The shift light doesn't work on the tach, so I was just wondering if this is something else that's present on the car, but isn't supposed to work. I don't want to send my goat to the vet if nothing can be done. Thanks dudes and dudettes!
The shift light on the tach doesn't work. There are threads out there explaining why. From what I've read, you don't want it to work either, it's an annoying feature.

The dome reading lights are supposed to work. Did you check to see if there are lightbulbs in them?

Everything in mine works, cept of course the shift light.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I knew the shift light wasn't supposed to work. I just wasn't sure if the reading lights were the same way. Thanks though. I'll be dropping it off at the dealership the next time I go out of town.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's really odd, but they just started working this morning on the drive to work. I can't imagine that it's operator error because I tried every combination of the car that I could think of. Oh well. At least they work now and the car is issue-free... for now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts