Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would think a shifter wouldnt affect warranty. Depends on your dealer and how fussy he might be. You could always put in original shifter if you need warranty work and are worried they might not cover repairs because of the replacement shifter.

·
Registered
746 Posts
oldgoat said:
I'm Interested In Knowing If The Installation Of The Gmm Ripshifter Will Void The 3/36,000 Warranty We Have on Our Goats. Does anyone know if it does or not and know it for fact? Thanks
It will not void your warranty as long as the shifter itself didn't cause the problem. As far as you putting the stock shifter back in, good luck with that one. Anyone can tell you that installing a Gmm Ripshifter is a headache. A four hour headache. Here is a useful thread.

http://www.gtoforum.com/showthread.php?t=7700

·
Registered
491 Posts
raven1124 said:
The stock shifter is sluggish and the throws are just too long. And yes, some people do have problems hitting third with the stock shifter. With the GMM you have short crisp throws and you'll never miss third.
Are the throws shorter only when you order the racing shifter, or are they also shorter than stock when you choose the street version?

·
Registered
491 Posts
raven1124 said:
You will not be disappointed. It's a night and day difference.
I'm almost positive that the shifter will be my next mod...right after I pay for my wisdom teeth removal, next Thursday. :party:

Luck has it that I get to have the upper and lower wisdom teeth removed on the left side. Insurance paid 25%, I get to pay 75%.

Last time I was in the modding mood my brother broke his Kenne Bell Mustang's automatic trans, so it seems to be always something. Oh well...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Funny timing... my transmission is stuck in first and is with the dealer as of yesterday. They told me it's locked up internally... ie. something's wrong with the tranny, not the shifter. I have the GMM Race shifter and seriously doubt the shifter caused the problem. However, they still may or may not honor the warranty on my transmission. We'll see. ;D

·
Registered
746 Posts
ModBoss2 said:
I'm almost positive that the shifter will be my next mod...right after I pay for my wisdom teeth removal, next Thursday. :party:

Luck has it that I get to have the upper and lower wisdom teeth removed on the left side. Insurance paid 25%, I get to pay 75%.

Last time I was in the modding mood my brother broke his Kenne Bell Mustang's automatic trans, so it seems to be always something. Oh well...
Man that sucks about your wisdom teeth. I got all four removed about a year ago. They hurt so bad and I was so excited before I got them taken out. Some people react differently to this surgery, but mine bleed for over a week. I had to go back to the dentist twice and they said they nicked a blood vessel or something like that. I've had surgery on my knee and foot and never took a pain killer until I had my wisdom teeth removed. I hope I didn't scare you, but good luck.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I Stall Automatics said:
Funny timing... my transmission is stuck in first and is with the dealer as of yesterday. They told me it's locked up internally... ie. something's wrong with the tranny, not the shifter. I have the GMM Race shifter and seriously doubt the shifter caused the problem. However, they still may or may not honor the warranty on my transmission. We'll see. ;D
If they try to screw you, make sure tell them you want it in writing of how your shifter screwed up your tranny. Also, somewhere in the conversation, bring up the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. That will raise an eyebrow with them.

·
Registered
491 Posts
raven1124 said:
Man that sucks about your wisdom teeth. I got all four removed about a year ago. They hurt so bad and I was so excited before I got them taken out. Some people react differently to this surgery, but mine bleed for over a week. I had to go back to the dentist twice and they said they nicked a blood vessel or something like that. I've had surgery on my knee and foot and never took a pain killer until I had my wisdom teeth removed. I hope I didn't scare you, but good luck.
Sounds like some fun is on its way.:eek:

I already kinda know what you're talking about. I've had some back and neck pain that's left me verticle for a couple days at a time, but when my wisdom teeth started giving me trouble a couple of weeks ago the pain was worse than I'm used to. Can just imagine what it's going to be like after the teeth are pulled. :willy:

·
Registered
491 Posts
raven1124 said:
Imagine your cheeks about three times bigger and not being able to eat anything. I ate macaroni, pudding, and drank protein shakes for over a week before I could eat anything solid.
I think I'll stock up on the protein shakes and go into hiding.

b.t.w. I said verticle in my last posting when I really meant to say horizontal. :rolleyes:

I'll blame that on my brain being charred by the sun today...mowed grass and trimmed for about 4 hours in the midday heat. Feelin' nice!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.