Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
actually it depends on your dealer
in the owners manual it says that any modification to the car can void the factory warranty,now I don't think they would void you out for a cai but to be safe if you ever have an engine problem I would put the stock one back on before taking the car in

·
Registered
455 Posts
I can't remember the name of it, but there was a judicial decision a while back that the dealer has to have reasonable indication that the mod caused the damage before refusing service.

However, that still doesn't mean that some dealers won't give you a hard time if you take in a car with mods.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Clueless said:
I can't remember the name of it, but there was a judicial decision a while back that the dealer has to have reasonable indication that the mod caused the damage before refusing service.

However, that still doesn't mean that some dealers won't give you a hard time if you take in a car with mods.
This is correct. The mod has to be the direct cause of the problem, but that doesn't mean that the dealer will not try to give you a hard time about it and get out of covering things under warranty.
Of course I would just put the stock air box back in if there was a real problem I needed covered under warranty. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.