Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So last night I ran her kind of hard...not too bad but I did use her for what she was built for. That night I parked outside...very cold btw...and when I went to start her up in the morning i got a weird result. Normally youll hear the engine cranking and with a big VROOM come bursting to life. It then settles into its idle. Well, that didn't happen. I had to crank it for a long time and it just sorta puttered on. It idled like a poor abused orphan child. It just kinda wimpered and made a strong smell. I turned her off again and restarted her...pretty much the same thing. Driving felt the same though. No noticeable loss in power, no sound difference...just the start up was weird. All the rest of today she started as she always has and there has been no sign of the problem again. What could have been wrong with my baby?

BTW...ordered my license plates today...they will read "YUL LOOZ"

·
Registered
319 Posts
Probably just the temperature change. She was nice and warm, then got cold overnight. Sometimes the computer gets confused a little at first with big temp changes overnight.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay cool. Yea I always let her warm up first and if she doesnt get adequate time warming at idle, then Im really easy on the gas and shift very early.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts