Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an SRT-4 pull away from one here in Bloomington Illinois...... I figured the GTO would walk one of those...... The GTO was yellow and the SRT4 was red. Am I crazy, dreaming.......both?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Yea man stock for stock STR-4 skittles dominate us left and right. Raced one and he took me by MANY bus lenghts, Ofcoarse I was pulled over buying some food, but I guess it still counts. :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
16 Posts
a SRT-4 with a stage 3 kit is pretty fun to drive and is pretty fast, but still it has no chance against a goat. I didn't get a chance to race one on a roll, I just race one from stoplight to stoplight when my 05 gto was stock and I had him by a car length, no telling how much if we had more room to play on.

However we had to do it like 5 times cause he had a harder time getting traction than i did at the light.

SRT-4 is defiantly a fun, sleeper car and is fast but no match for the gto even with the stage 3 toys.

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
...or you could put a 572 crate engine on a shopping cart...might beat a GTO too...me, I'll keep my GTO...good luck with your decision.
Bill

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a SRT-4 with a stage 3 kit is pretty fun to drive and is pretty fast, but still it has no chance against a goat. I didn't get a chance to race one on a roll, I just race one from stoplight to stoplight when my 05 gto was stock and I had him by a car length, no telling how much if we had more room to play on.

However we had to do it like 5 times cause he had a harder time getting traction than i did at the light.

SRT-4 is defiantly a fun, sleeper car and is fast but no match for the gto even with the stage 3 toys.
From looking around a stage 3 srt-4 would take a GTO over and over again....

·
Registered
16 Posts
From looking around a stage 3 srt-4 would take a GTO over and over again....
I promise you, I have a 05 GTO my cousin has a 03 srt-4 he upgrade from the stage 2 to a stage 3, defiantly a bad ass car. But we race from stoplight to stoplight, and i defiantly not the best driver in the world like i will claim to be, i know the truth. I repeatedly took him by a car length one time he was right beside my rear wheel but that was the closes.

I really would like to race him from a roll cause i think it would be a interesting race. (because i had his srt-4 when he had a stage 2 and i ran with a 03 M3 on the highway I defiantly jump on him by half a car length (cause I took off early that is) and I was very impressed how i held him off until i got into 5 and he flew past me after that. we both had 3 people in the car. I have to wait for my cousin to get back from overseas so we can go from a highway roll. he has added a couple of goodies which should make it interesting, but some am I so then again, It won't be to interesting :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Both look like fun cars..... Hey with the gas prices :)

LS2 GTO vs Neon SRT-4 vs GMC ECSB Truck- Video

06 gto vs srt- Video

That was a bad ass srt-4 it defiantly took the goat on those runs :eek: , but he didn't have the stage 3 in this vid he had some other things added with his srt-4 defiantly wasn't the Mopar kit thou, I guess if you go that route you can beat a stock gto, but from what i seen from 5 runs stoplight to stoplight with the MOPAR STAGE 3 KIT with an DC exhaust, the gto wins. Nice vids thou and if you go with the srt-4 get a HKS blowoff value it defiantly sounds the best out all BOV by far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That was a bad ass srt-4 it defiantly took the goat on those runs :eek: , but he didn't have the stage 3 in this vid he had some other things added with his srt-4 defiantly wasn't the Mopar kit thou, I guess if you go that route you can beat a stock gto, but from what i seen from 5 runs stoplight to stoplight with the MOPAR STAGE 3 KIT with an DC exhaust, the gto wins. Nice vids thou and if you go with the srt-4 get a HKS blowoff value it defiantly sounds the best out all BOV by far.
Appreciate the info......(honest is hard to get) Im stuck...... Spend 13 grand on a nice srt4 or 20 on a decent goat.. put 5 grand in the SRT4 and its whipping most anyhitng.... and I am still saving thousands.... The sound of the Goat is worth it..... Rivals the 00-04 cobras. I sold a 67 Pontiac Le Mans 60k one owner. 326 two speed...... One sexy car for the extra cash I am looking to invest now.

I have heard the greddy bov's are good as well...... thanks though

·
Registered
16 Posts
Appreciate the info......(honest is hard to get) Im stuck...... Spend 13 grand on a nice srt4 or 20 on a decent goat.. put 5 grand in the SRT4 and its whipping most anyhitng.... and I am still saving thousands.... The sound of the Goat is worth it..... Rivals the 00-04 cobras. I sold a 67 Pontiac Le Mans 60k one owner. 326 two speed...... One sexy car for the extra cash I am looking to invest now.

I have heard the greddy bov's are good as well...... thanks though
well if you go the srt4 route those cars hold up really well my cousin has about 90,000 miles on his srt4 on the first clutch and he hasn't had any big problems,

But the difference about the gto is that you have the performance with the luxury car for a cheap price. srt4 is a great car, but if you don't know about them they look real cheap sometime. but i must admit driving a stage 3 is defiantly fun as hell. what ever your decision your going to have a blast, but i think in the end your going to want the gto or you will be happy you got it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I promise you, I have a 05 GTO my cousin has a 03 srt-4 he upgrade from the stage 2 to a stage 3, defiantly a bad ass car. But we race from stoplight to stoplight, and i defiantly not the best driver in the world like i will claim to be, i know the truth. I repeatedly took him by a car length one time he was right beside my rear wheel but that was the closes.

I really would like to race him from a roll cause i think it would be a interesting race. (because i had his srt-4 when he had a stage 2 and i ran with a 03 M3 on the highway I defiantly jump on him by half a car length (cause I took off early that is) and I was very impressed how i held him off until i got into 5 and he flew past me after that. we both had 3 people in the car. I have to wait for my cousin to get back from overseas so we can go from a highway roll. he has added a couple of goodies which should make it interesting, but some am I so then again, It won't be to interesting :lol:
Did a little looking and found out that the 04-05 SRT-4's have more horsepower and limited slip....... Due to the traction problems the 03's had. If I do get one it prolly wont be an 03

·
Registered
30 Posts
ok go with the SRT-4 if u want to spend you every waking moment dealing with boost leaks see dodge was dumb when the designed the couplers on that car my cousin has 1 and I have been itching to race him and he wont till he gets rid of his boost leaks and he has been at it for over a year now

also I let him drive the zgto he says to me that he isnt impressed after slapping him in the face lol not really but I did tell him he has earned the right to never beat my GTO no matter what the cost

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok go with the SRT-4 if u want to spend you every waking moment dealing with boost leaks see dodge was dumb when the designed the couplers on that car my cousin has 1 and I have been itching to race him and he wont till he gets rid of his boost leaks and he has been at it for over a year now

also I let him drive the zgto he says to me that he isnt impressed after slapping him in the face lol not really but I did tell him he has earned the right to never beat my GTO no matter what the cost
If its set up right boost leaks should not be an issue..... I am just tellin it like I saw it.... It was apparent that the SRT-4 that pulled the GTO had his boost leak troubles all ironed out.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ok...The deal is this, the only thing that beats cubic inches is cubic dollars. But, some people like to spend cubic dollars to make little tin cans beat the muscle car, even at the expense of longivity of the tiny engine. They are like the bunny except, they keep blowin and blowin. If you want to spend the rest of your life swinging off your mommy's tit by the lips, buy the tin can, and win 2 or 3 races on each engine. You are not cool enough to be driving a GTO anyway, and you know you damn well can't afford one.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts