Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Graphically shows why high speed driving should be kept on the track, hope it was not a member, but...they will and should be prosecuted. Imagine it it was your mother and father, (wife and kids, any loved one) in the SUV or as a passenger in the GTO!!!

Brian

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is some more info I found

Seems the GTO's driver already has a record, so if he is taken to court, it will probably used against him. But right now I am wishing the best for everyone involved.

Evan Andropoulos Mug Shot

Also here are some more pictures from another news site

Five injured in two-car wreck on U.S. 19 in Palm Harbor

Also not the best image, but a full image of what BN9 had chopped.

·
Registered
944 Posts
The people in the other car were 67 and 68 - damn :(

It's time the 'kills' section was removed and people stopped encouraging this crap. I was driving home when another GTO came beside me - I gave a friendly wave and this young looking guy hauls ass through a crowded three lane county road PACKED with traffic and parking lot entrances.

Fine, you have an empty road with no way for traffic to enter - do your vid and hope it ends well. I don't care who you are, crazy speed on streets can always end like this.

·
Registered
621 Posts
There but for the grace...etc. At 28, I had the occasional dumbass moments behind the wheel too. I was lucky - no injuries involved. Now, at 66, all I can say is that I agree with Mike V and that this is required reading for all street racers.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Happens here in Houston a lot; usually alcohol's involved as well. It's terrible that when this type of thing happens the innocent people are the ones who pay the ultimate price.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The fact he was smiling in a mugshot demonstrates he wasn't going to learn much from the experience. I imagine he's going to pay heavily this time. As he should.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
It's hard to believe people are 100% willing to try this on a city street. Usually, I'm farting around on country roads that have a car go by once every 2 minutes. It helps to "live out in the sticks" though.

Just proves that you can have a muscle car, and still have a bad case of the retard.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I love how the GTO gets called Pontiac 6.0 (because it has those badges on the back) and they totally ignore the giant GTO indent in the plastic lower fascia.

The media is as always retarded.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
shouldn't have been hard for them to identify it seeing as that's the only thing left of the car is the back bumper....

·
Registered
5 Posts
First off, I would like to say I assumed GTO owners to be more intelligent than the majority of the population but by judging these remarks I will retract that thought...

Evan is a good friend of mine and he wouldn't "race" on something that wasn't a track (yes he will do a burnout when ever he feels it is needed lol). He was simply a victim of old people driving (with no peripheral vision). With that being said let me break it down for you guys...

U.S. 19 is a 55mph road, Evan has a 6 speed so as you guys know he probably wants to use that. So I assume that he was going about 70mph (yes speeding but not excessive), then a old guy jolted out in front of him. Judging by the pictures the suv was not turned so it looked to be a very elastic collision. Remembering a basic conservation of energy eq; E=.5*m*v^2 and noting the GTO weighs 3800 pounds + all the stuff in it, you do not have to be driving that fast for this to happen...

And to the ******* that looked up a mug shot and posted it and then commented on him smiling... it is for an open container not rape, get a life

Of course people are going to assume the GTO was speeding. It's a sport car and the SUV was traveling perpendicular to the course of the GTO, making the frame of reference skewed and appearing even faster!

And for the record Evan is doing okay, and the male passage is stable but banged up and the girl is in a coma :(

Moral of the story, no matter how good of a driver you are, there are still old people on the road so watch out

·
Registered
621 Posts
If you're smiling in a mugshot, you've got the wrong attitude, *******. Let us know who gets charged and perhaps you'll see some retractions.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
First off, I would like to say I assumed GTO owners to be more intelligent than the majority of the population but by judging these remarks I will retract that thought...

Evan is a good friend of mine and he wouldn't "race" on something that wasn't a track (yes he will do a burnout when ever he feels it is needed lol). He was simply a victim of old people driving (with no peripheral vision). With that being said let me break it down for you guys...

U.S. 19 is a 55mph road, Evan has a 6 speed so as you guys know he probably wants to use that. So I assume that he was going about 70mph (yes speeding but not excessive), then a old guy jolted out in front of him. Judging by the pictures the suv was not turned so it looked to be a very elastic collision. Remembering a basic conservation of energy eq; E=.5*m*v^2 and noting the GTO weighs 3800 pounds + all the stuff in it, you do not have to be driving that fast for this to happen...

And to the ******* that looked up a mug shot and posted it and then commented on him smiling... it is for an open container not rape, get a life

Of course people are going to assume the GTO was speeding. It's a sport car and the SUV was traveling perpendicular to the course of the GTO, making the frame of reference skewed and appearing even faster!

And for the record Evan is doing okay, and the male passage is stable but banged up and the girl is in a coma :(

Moral of the story, no matter how good of a driver you are, there are still old people on the road so watch out
:lol: OK. Those photos tell a different story about just how fast he was really going...

I assumed GTO owners to be more intelligent than the majority of the population but by judging these remarks I will retract that thought
Do us a favor and don't forget to tell your buddy that next time you see him. My sympathies.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
US 19 there is 55, people go 60. It's not a safe place in general. Go faster and its really unsafe.

I'm not a fan of Florida 6 lane "divided" highways like that, because you have not "turnarounds" like we have in MI (just places you can make lefts) so you have a lot of openings to make a left from a side street. Crossing 3 lanes of traffic going 60 MPH is asking for an accident.

Obviously, the GTO here wasn't in the right. But idiocy like this can be mitigated with better road design.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.