Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand a GTO and G35 aren't exactly a fair match, but he asked for it!

I was on the freeway, cruising in the right lane at about 75-80. I saw this car in my rear view and immediately noticed the bi-xenon headlamps (they were on even though it was broad daylight) and the carbon fiber hood. It caught up pretty quick and coasted next to me. I looked over and it was G35 coupe, white with deep tints, black after market wheels with the red pin stripe, and some loud ass after market mufflers.

I could barely see the passenger through his tints, but I didn't miss the dude looking at me and pointing forward quickly about 3 times. I shrugged, mimicked his gesture, and put it in third.

There was no honking or anything, he just stepped on it. By the time I reacted, the back of his car was already at my front bumper. Thats when I noticed the carbon fiber trunk that matched his hood. It only took a second before I started gaining on him. By the time I hit 100, I was passing him quickly and when I hit 120 I was a good 2 car lengths ahead of him. At that point I shut it down and let him pass me. When they drove by, they didn't even look at me!

Guess it's easier for 'em to just pretend it didn't happen! :) I don't feel very triumphant, but it was fun to smoke something that thought it had a chance.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Just wanted to know, what mods you have
Don't think he needed to be modded. A G35 with an intake, exhaust and a tune still needs something to equal a stock LS2 GTO. Now if he was driving an LS1 there might be a good run if the G35 is capable of high to mid 13's with those mods.

I think from the times I've seen it's safe to safe the G35 is a low to mid 14's car. Add 30-40 hp, and that's a generous number, from the mods and you have a high 13's car. It's 3500 plus pounds and 300 hp stock.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Cai

All I have is a k&n cold air intake. Otherwise, I'm a stock '04 A4. I thought G35's only got about 275-280hp... Wouldn't a 360hp V-8 have a lot more top end than a 6 cylinder? I may not have been so lucky if we raced from a dig. I don't know...

·
Registered
12 Posts
All I have is a k&n cold air intake. Otherwise, I'm a stock '04 A4. I thought G35's only got about 275-280hp... Wouldn't a 360hp V-8 have a lot more top end than a 6 cylinder? I may not have been so lucky if we raced from a dig. I don't know...
provided that you didn't blow the tires off, lift, and the A4 shift into 2nd prematurely - you'd rape him there too. He might pull a car or two on the launch, but by 60 you'd be passing him like he threw out an anchor.

I recently had one try an 80 roll on me when I was mmob. Lets just say he was literally 500+ yards back by the time I hit 150. This of course took place on the one desolate highway in antartica. I drive exactly the speed limit in the states! ;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Back when I had a 350Z, G35s where more of a challange. i was very suprised, most G35s seem about as fast as unmodded Mustang Gts.

do those have the same engine? (350z and G35)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Good kill. Even the 7spd 330hp G37 is still a high 13sec car with 103mph or so trap speeds. Maybe mid 13s with a good launch?

Great to drive in though, seems to always be in the powerband, wonderful interior.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts