Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Not sure what you mean by a road residue remover -- but I'm assuming you mean something like a bug and tar remover kind of a thing.

For sticky crud that won't wipe off, try P&S Remove All Solvent. The stuff is fantastic. Hard to find -- but worth the effort.

Use Klasse All-In-One. It's a combination cleaner and polish.

For your final sealant and to really make the surface pop -- use Meguiar's #7 show glaze.

I use the Klasse every six months -- and the #7 every quarter. I know a lot of folks love Zaino -- but I get better results for a fraction of the cost and effort. And I've tried both.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Any Meguiars product is top notch. I was using Gold Class from Meguiars, but just switched to Deep Crystal. They both seem to be equally good, but I hear the Deep Crystal lasts longer. The Gold Class was good for two or three washings max.

·
Registered
64 Posts
MeanGoat said:
What's everyone using out there?

Can anyone suggest a car wash wax/road residue cleaner as well?
Don't know what color your car is but Zaino makes black look very nice. I have tried a bunch of the waxes out there and have stuck with Zaino for around 5 years now. Its not cheap and you need a few coats of a couple of products to make a difference but it all does come easy with not much work. They have something called Z5 that really works in removing swirl marks. Then you put their final polish on after that. It is also fairly long lasting too.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Groucho said:
I use Meguiars NXT. Great stuff.
Just bought it at about 10:30 today. I tried it out on the truck. It really filled in the swirl marks and left the paint really deep. Took a little bit more work than I expected, but it turned out great. I had some scratches from opening the gate to the store with my truck. Mostly just brush marks. You can't see them at all now.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I use only Zaino on the goat but its not a 1 step cleaner polish....a few weeks ago I tried Mothers Reflections on my Express van it has cleaners in it
I have to say the shine is outstanding, very deep looking even on white,it hasn't been on long enough to comment on durability but I did wash the van today and the water beaded nicely

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.