Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I drove up to Harrisburg, PA this morning, and the dealer headed down to Harrisburg from Canadaigua. Met around Noon, and took posession- - -About a 3 hour trip for us.

Needless the say the trip back to VA at least seemed to take a LOT less time. We stuck to the speed limits (wife won't speed) but it was really fun driving that thing back.

Smoooooooooooth, and powerful. Averaged 70-75, and the computer said averaged 24.7- - -we'll see in reality what I got when I go to fill up.

Anyhow, got the goat home and in the "barn", gave it a good washing, and I'm ready to show it off!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
noz34me said:
The wife and I drove up to Harrisburg, PA this morning, and the dealer headed down to Harrisburg from Canadaigua. Met around Noon, and took posession- - -About a 3 hour trip for us.

Needless the say the trip back to VA at least seemed to take a LOT less time. We stuck to the speed limits (wife won't speed) but it was really fun driving that thing back.

Smoooooooooooth, and powerful. Averaged 70-75, and the computer said averaged 24.7- - -we'll see in reality what I got when I go to fill up.

Anyhow, got the goat home and in the "barn", gave it a good washing, and I'm ready to show it off!

YEAH BABY!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW ADDITION TO THE FAMILY!!!!!:party: :party:

You will not be sorry about that decision.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congrats...I got mine in December. You'll love it!!!!
:party:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Don't thank everyone too soon...your wallet is about to take a serious hit from all the mod suggestions sure to come your way!

Congrats!

Gary

·
Registered
5 Posts
Let me tell you, when I got my Purple goat, there were so many guys wondering what a blonde chick was doing in such a powerful car!!! I first saw the GTO in the summer of 2004 and I have always been a car buff, so of course I freaked out!!! I saw a souped up silver one, so I got online and noticed that they made purple and I was in GOAT HEAVEN!!!

Oh yeah and those guys who tthought I bought a pretty purple car were flabbergasted when I rolled right on by them in my car!!! Yeah, it is the best purchase ever!!! Go ahead and pat yourself on the back!!!:cool

·
Registered
674 Posts
noz, congrats. enjoy the car.

The trip home story reminds me of when i picked up my first/red '89 944 in 00. Johnny will know the roads.

i picked it up and went on the LIE west to the SOB south. it is a nice left hand sweeper that stays two lanes. i was in front in the S2 (208hp) with rock hard dunlop 8 or 9000s, she was in back of me in the legend coupe, which was no slouch with 230 hp.

I had never driven the car before and it was too cold for the tires. i took it real easy on the turn, but she kept fading behind me. then i took the meadowbrook south to the loop parkway, that is a left right sweeper. again she faded in back of me.

when i got home she said she had to do 90 to catch up to me, and asked why did i have to test the handling of the car before i got to know it. get to know it, heck, i was purposely going very gentle. she said she was pushing the coupe. hard to believe she was pushing it.

she autocrossed the porsche when she was pregnant.

playing with new cars are sooo much fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.