Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick question. I bought my GTO in June and shortly after I have had a strange clicking noise comming from the the back drivers side everytime I hit a bump. Its not so noticable since I took off the resonators(more noise :lol: )But it is still there. Any one else with this problem? I think it is comming from the rim???? Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
You know.....I had a clicking/ticking sound coming from the front.
Took it to the dealer...they replaced a couple nuts/bolts on the struts and re-torqued the sway bar....nadda.
Went back several times and no one could figure it out.
So I get to fooling around with it myself............it was the front brake pads!
I had some permatex laying around, and for testing purposes only, and lightly gooped the back of the pad so it would adhear to the piston....no more clicky.
Go figure :rolleyes:
Just a thought :cheers

·
Registered
556 Posts
I sometimes hear what sound like a nut, or screw rolling around on the trunk floor when taking corners. I looked around back there, but didn't find anything. I just ignore it now, no big deal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had what I would describe similarly and it turned out to be the drivers' side rear seatback was slightly loose. Mine would only do it until the interior heated up; I guess the black leather was expanding so it "tightened up," so to speak. I pulled up that rear headrest and stuffed a hunk of foam down the hole behind the seat back and that fixed it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I have had the wheels off and eveything I can think of thats why I figured I would ask. I did not know if I was a common problem or not. I will just have to turn up the radio a bit more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My passenger seat makes a clicking noise while im on the freeway or whenever the seat moves a lot. It comes from the handle you use to fold down the seat. Mine will only do it when no one is sitting in the seat. Check yours sometime...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts