Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night I was driving my 2005 GTO 6speed pretty hard . (actually about every night). I was doing a WOT run, chirped into 2nd, shifted to third, bounced off the rev limiter a few times. Third gear was taking a vacation, it wasn't there, it was like I was in neutral. I pushed in the clutch to take it out of third but I couldn't get it out, the shifter was stuck in third! I finally slowed down to about 10mph, and it finally came out of third and let me go into 1st.

Its only happened once, and all seems well now. Should I write it off as a fluke? Is there anything I should check?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
My recommendation is to take it to the dealer, after all of the problems I had with my trans and Groucho with his and GTODEALER2 with his other 04 I wouldn't take any chances! :cheers

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
GTODEALER said:
My recommendation is to take it to the dealer, after all of the problems I had with my trans and Groucho with his and GTODEALER2 with his other 04 I wouldn't take any chances! :cheers
:agree

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I can see it now.

I'll take it to the dealer, and they won't be able to reproduce the problem. And of course I won't be able to reproduce it since it hasn't happened since. Maybe I'll just have to go test drive one they have to compare. My shifter seems a little tough to get into gears, then sometimes its like cutting butter with a warm knife.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts