·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How was the trip and honeymoon ???;)

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
I was WONDERING what happened...thought he got really busy, or his computer grenaded. The forum sure felt like it was running at half throttle without his input, though!!

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was WONDERING what happened...thought he got really busy, or his computer grenaded. The forum sure felt like it was running at half throttle without his input, though!!
Yup, he WAS really busy.......:rofl:

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
Thanks for asking. ;) The trip was fantastic! 2 1/2 days in downtown SLC (ubber clean!), 1 day in Midway, UT. (awesome! Surrounded 4 sides by mountains) Then 1 day travil to Custer, SD. for another couple days doing the site-seeing. Partied too hard a night or two. :D Met some great people, Got invited back for the Stugis bike rally in august, just might have to make the trip again! :)

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Thanks for asking. ;) The trip was fantastic! 2 1/2 days in downtown SLC (ubber clean!), 1 day in Midway, UT. (awesome! Surrounded 4 sides by mountains) Then 1 day travil to Custer, SD. for another couple days doing the site-seeing. Partied too hard a night or two. :D Met some great people, Got invited back for the Stugis bike rally in august, just might have to make the trip again! :)
Sounds like you had a great trip. The wife, kid and I are headed to Custer State Park, SD in July. We've rented a mini-cabin for a week. I've heard horror stories of just getting into the park. Have to wait for hours. :willy: How was it for you? I suppose you were there b/4 Memorial weekend? Unfortunately, we'll be there during primetime. It's during the kids b-day. I guess that's just the sacrifices we parents have to make.:)

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
We drove right in, no waiting or too many people at all. Lots of bison, prairedogs, and fire damage to be seen. Mt Rushmore and CrazzyHorse were great. The bars are trippy, still have the swinging doors in front and sawdust on the floor. Got an increadable Bison steak at the Sage Creek Grille right in Custer. Met the chef at the Gold Pan Saloon and he turned us on to it. Lots of places out there for sale, it makes me want to look around. No mosquitoes either! :)

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like you had a great trip. The wife, kid and I are headed to Custer State Park, SD in July. We've rented a mini-cabin for a week. I've heard horror stories of just getting into the park. Have to wait for hours. :willy: How was it for you? I suppose you were there b/4 Memorial weekend? Unfortunately, we'll be there during primetime. It's during the kids b-day. I guess that's just the sacrifices we parents have to make.:)
With the economy the way it is, it may not be crowed.

We drove right in, no waiting or too many people at all. Lots of bison, prairedogs, and fire damage to be seen. Mt Rushmore and CrazzyHorse were great. The bars are trippy, still have the swinging doors in front and sawdust on the floor. Got an increadable Bison steak at the Sage Creek Grille right in Custer. Met the chef at the Gold Pan Saloon and he turned us on to it. Lots of places out there for sale, it makes me want to look around. No mosquitoes either! :)
Lots of "vacation" and "second" homes for sale all over the country were the only economy is tourism and recreation. Wish I had Warren Buffets money to buy up a bunch of it.:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts