Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I do most of my driving on the interstate highway, I get entangled with those rich punks that like do drivebys at 95 mph and want a good kick somewhere between 100 and 150. Today I had the opportunity to weld the doors shut on a new Turbo 335i. I thought these BMW's had more power (ok, tell me about how bad the M3 and 5 is) but interesting enough with all that hype, thin lines, mirror finish, and tent windows it just wasn't enough to get over on the goat. I'm driving along in my economy 6th gear and I happen up on some rolling road blocks riding 60 in the fast lane. Little did I know the punk in front of me in the Beamer (I could see my reflection in the wax job) was impatient and the Mercedes in from of him more impatient. We all got to follow a damn van full of mexicans with 40 foot ladders stacked 10 foot high strapped on top. Once they managed to pass one more car an opening appeared and the BMW made a stellar stomp on the gas, not sure what happen to the Mercedes, up the right side, trying to pull away. Goat was already angry in 4th at 75 (est), so I mashed the motor so I could breath in some more cats from the turbo WMB. He jumped back over in the left lane, I followed and passed one more car on my right. By this time, I think I was tacking nice in 4th getting on the gas and letting out, trying not to push his a$$, just to get another toke on the stinking cat breath. Goat got pissed when the right lane opened up, I pulled to the right, shifted into 5th, and happily pulled up beside him and began to grab some fresh air. It was so good, I looked over and he was glued to the road, wouldn't look over. As I made my move around him, I thought "what is this a Mustang?" After I walked the dog around him (you know, one of those extended leashes), a birds eye on him in my rear view, I shifted into my economy gear (that's 6th as stated and defined in this forum) and put some distance on him. I thought geeez, what an idiot. Actually I thought I was an idiot for wasting good 93 octane. I began to let out of it after 150 and here he come, thinking he was going to do a flyby. Sorry, not today, I gave her a shift down to 5th and it was over a second time.

I got to say, that was the most pleasurable weld job I've had since the flowmasters. It sure relieves the tension after a hard day at the office. It's nice knowing that sometimes I can drop her down below the best torque and horsepower stats claimed by every geek in the tuning arena, place her in economy mode, 6th, and still weld doors completely shut. It just feels good to motor right around and say "See ya". All for a mere $29000.

I really believe that this puppy stock does quite a good job leaving the competition, if you want to call it that. I can only imagine what it will be like when I get with the mods. :lol:

:cheers :seeya: :cool :rofl:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice kill. What MB was it that couldn't/wouldn't play?

A 335i with a tune would be a great race for an LS2 GTO. Sounds like that was probably a stocker.

Judging by your prose, you have a name for your car now, don't you? Come on, admit it! What is it? ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wait, so a 400hp car is faster than a 300hp car?!?!!? WTF??? I'm pretty sure BMW didn't engineer the 335 w/ slaughtering GTO's in freeway runs in mind.

But nice kill anyways.......;)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I dunno, the nut driving it thought so. It was fun. Can't wait to get another wiff.

Wait, so it is turbo charged, faster than a Mustang, WTF???????? I'm pretty sure Ford didn't intend on slaughtering the GTO either but punks still act like idiots and GTO's freely blow doors.

Hmmm wonder what the Pontiac engineer has in store for us next. Maybe they are thinking on attacking the M5. O or wait a minute, did I say it has more than 500 horses?

Maybe I can engineer something for BMW, Ford, or Toyota? What a concept. Have you had your doors blown lately? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
377 Posts
I dunno, the nut driving it thought so. It was fun. Can't wait to get another wiff.

Wait, so it is turbo charged, faster than a Mustang, WTF???????? I'm pretty sure Ford didn't intend on slaughtering the GTO either but punks still act like idiots and GTO's freely blow doors.

Hmmm wonder what the Pontiac engineer has in store for us next. Maybe they are thinking on attacking the M5. O or wait a minute, did I say it has more than 500 horses?

Maybe I can engineer something for BMW, Ford, or Toyota? What a concept. Have you had your doors blown lately? :lol: :lol:
I don't get it.:confused

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wait, so a 400hp car is faster than a 300hp car?!?!!? WTF??? I'm pretty sure BMW didn't engineer the 335 w/ slaughtering GTO's in freeway runs in mind.

I didn't understand this either, sorry.... :willy:

·
Registered
289 Posts
I didn't understand this either, sorry.... :willy:

I was just messin w/ ya. I was sarcastically implying that you seemed surprised to beat a car w/ 100hp less than you. Then I was trying to point out that BMW didn't design the car w/ just straight-line performance in mind. That's all.

And no, I haven't had my doors blown off at all, my Audi is far too slow to go picking stoplight brawls w/ people.:eek:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The beamer was so clean and blacked out, I thought he would at least have something under the hood. I really didn't know what it would do but I couldn't resist the feeling of placing that pontiac emblem right in the "objects are closer than they appear" section of the mirror.

In hicktown GA, some of these guys just like to give it a try. I really need to start driving right and stop the BS, this case I couldn't resist.

Last time I jumped on something that I thought wasn't anything, a VW, I was in for quite of a surprise. VW was in my "objects are to closer than they appear" section of my mirror. It was a great dual. I was hoping for the same here but obviously, all show no go.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I was hoping for the same here but obviously, all show no go.
Since when were consistent mid-13sec, 105mph trap speed cars "all show no go"?

I really question if either the person was even trying if it was that easy OR it wasn't easy at all because it would have taken all WOT and hitting your shifts in order to do it.

What was welded mean? The expression is "blow his doors off" and that isn't happening in 6th gear.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts

I really question if either the person was even trying if it was that easy OR it wasn't easy at all because it would have taken all WOT and hitting your shifts in order to do it.

What was welded mean? The expression is "blow his doors off" and that isn't happening in 6th gear.
You'd think a BMW M3 would be faster........... oh wait it's just the 335i. That's pretty good for a car that wasn't intended to be the fastest of it's breed.

I saw a letter to the editor in Car and Driver that was great. Car and Driver put the new M3 on the cover. A guy wrote in asking why they had a 1998 Grand Prix on the cover. Hit's the nail pretty much on the head for BMW's styling department of late.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I am by no means a fan of BMW's styling, but the new M3 looks pretty [email protected] IMO. Def doesn't look like a '98 Grand Prix. '98 Grand Prixs had NO style. And love 'em, or hate 'em, you can't deny BMW's new products have some rich styling details.

·
Registered
377 Posts
You'd think a BMW M3 would be faster........... oh wait it's just the 335i. That's pretty good for a car that wasn't intended to be the fastest of it's breed.

I saw a letter to the editor in Car and Driver that was great. Car and Driver put the new M3 on the cover. A guy wrote in asking why they had a 1998 Grand Prix on the cover. Hit's the nail pretty much on the head for BMW's styling department of late.
If you like the clean lines of the 335i coupe, just wait 'til you see the new M3 in person.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you like the clean lines of the 335i coupe, just wait 'til you see the new M3 in person.
I seen a picture I think was on Motor Trend, seems they pumped it up some with the M3 engine. It looked exactly like the one that I took a panaramic view of...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

Welded defined "drumroll please" - To shut the doors on a car so tight it would need an arc welder to open. 6th gear, how would you know? Got six?....:lol: :lol:

Question? It was easy, powerband sucked up the BMW like what it is, a six. Did the driver have a can under his gas pedal? Could he have been able to put foot in floor for some other reason besides a GTO arc welding? Does black soot come out at 3/4 throttle? Maybe it was restricted with greener California emissions? What if it was a 06 Charger SRT-8, 385whp / 380wtq, would that make any difference? Probably not, and maybe he would have had the same reaction..

The power difference was obvious. Just like the M3, now, tell me about the m5 and how they can't try or maybe the Challenger that's not here yet?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Welded defined "drumroll please" - To shut the doors on a car so tight it would need an arc welder to open. 6th gear, how would you know? Got six?....:lol: :lol:

Question? It was easy, powerband sucked up the BMW like what it is, a six. Did the driver have a can under his gas pedal? Could he have been able to put foot in floor for some other reason besides a GTO arc welding? Does black soot come out at 3/4 throttle? Maybe it was restricted with greener California emissions? What if it was a 06 Charger SRT-8, 385whp / 380wtq, would that make any difference? Probably not, and maybe he would have had the same reaction..

The power difference was obvious. Just like the M3, now, tell me about the m5 and how they can't try or maybe the Challenger that's not here yet?
Um, once again your prose is unclear. The fact it's a 6cyl has nothing to do with it. If you were in 6th, he wasn't trying. They are limited to 155mph so that is a moot point as well. CA cars don't have more strict emissions anymore. I've beaten LS2 Goats with less power, what's your point? What about the M5? It would destroy an LS2. And what about the Challenger? What is your point?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Duuuece, you would need to be there.

I'm not wasting debate on what doesn't is or a 6th gear (it's fun shrinking the emblems in top gear, nuf said.)

The BMW wasn't worth the effort to type here, end of story, thread closed.

Are you ringing a bullsh^* bell? :lol: Wrong car, wrong pugh.

Destroy? Um, once again your prose is unclear. As you stated before "blow the doors"?

Go find one yourself and give it a punch, then come back and tell us about it!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Duuuece, you would need to be there.

I'm not wasting debate on what doesn't is or a 6th gear (it's fun shrinking the emblems in top gear, nuf said.)

The BMW wasn't worth the effort to type here, end of story, thread closed.

Are you ringing a bullsh^* bell? :lol: Wrong car, wrong pugh.

Destroy? Um, once again your prose is unclear. As you stated before "blow the doors"?

Go find one yourself and give it a punch, then come back and tell us about it!!!!!!!!

You make me look like an ass for buying a GTO.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
You make me look like an ass for buying a GTO.
Why would you say that???? I'm not very clear here why you have a beef with Aint. All he is saying is the BMW isn't a competitor to the GTO in a top end drag race.

Anybody that wastes money on an overpriced BMW 3 series and messes with a GTO is in for a hurting. The person looking like the ass is the dolt that wasted his money on an overpriced car that isn't intended to compete in a straight line race and then tried to run Aint.

Your well covered, you didn't waste your money on a pimp my ride, overpriced, underperforming, status symbol, manhood compensator, snobmobile. You got the bang for the buck car that says you don't need a stupid badge, you know your place in life car and it's ahead of any BMW, or just about any other car, that costs less than 50 thousand.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts