Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is what the model is on the title.
But I just looked up the vin on this site Decoding VIN I.D.
and according to it I have a Tempest Custom.
first part of vin is 235370xxxxxx

I am totally confused now. :confused
Could that site have it wrong?

Thanks,
Russ

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
i believe 69' was the last year for the Tempest custom, in 70 the 35 designation went to the Lemans and the Lemans Sport (37) was the step above the base models

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Jetstang, how about a GT-37 or a T-37? The mind boggles!!! There were some Gt-37's and T-37's that were basically "GTO"'s without the bling...They filled the gap that the Judge was supposed to originally: be a low price, no-frills performance car to compete with the Roadrunner. The Judge got bloated really quickly with whistles and bells (tho' they DID manage to keep the trim rings off the wheels!!), But the T-37 and GT-37 Tempests could be had with the biggest engines and four speeds. Real sleepers. They were lighter than the GTO and Judge, and all business. I saw a goldish-brown '71 T-37 (or maybe a GT-37) years ago that had a 455 and a 4 speed. The car was BRUTAL.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, found out you are all right. year one is screwed up. It is my luck that I found their vin decoder and went with that data.

The good news is I now am the official owner. although it is still a salvage title, it is in my name. :)

Thanks,
Russ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts