Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but if there is a car i migth leave the srt4 for it would definatetly be the gto (and its something that i have seriously been thinking about), with the ls2 motor, i dont know much bout the gto thats why am here, if i get it i wouldnt leave it stock, my goal with it would be to boost it and turn it into a supra killer:cool .

and bout my srt4 its 300hp stock turbo, not bad for a 2700lbs car

·
Registered
689 Posts
srt4guy said:
...and bout my srt4 its 300hp stock turbo, not bad for a 2700lbs car
WOW! What did you do to ge the stock turbo to kick out 300HP? I thought those things only had 230 HP stock. GTODealer has one tha out-runs many GTO's on this board. Check his out.

BTW, WELCOME!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i havent check this forum for a while, sorry here are my mods

power mods:

msd coil
agp 8.5 sparkplug wires
ngk sparkplugs gapped at.35
ums intercooler (12"x24"x4")
stg 1 inj
75psi fuel presure regulator (stock one modified)
ptp fuel computer
3" o2 housing
3" downpipe with cutout
62mm throttlebody and spacer
3" short ram intake (k&n filter)
agp adjustable waste gate actuator
boosting 21psi holding 16/17 to redline
ptp check valve
ptp spring for the wastegate
walbro 255 fuel pump

other mods:
agp solid motor mounts
ligth weigth drycell battery
hard pipes
hks blow off valve
aem wide band
no factory boost soleinoids hooked up
catch can
strutbars front and back
eibach sportlines

and an intercooler sprayer coming in the mail

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol, everybody asks me that and the funny thing is have never taken her to the track and i have had the car since oct, dont care much for track numbers, am a street kind of guy, ive beat guys who claim high 12's on the track but, then on the street they get beat by guys like me, just because cant drive without slicks.

but ppl have asked me so much that question that i just want to go, so i have an answer for them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LYNMUP said:
Definatly looks like you've got your hands in it and done a few things. It's nice to personalize and make it your own. Nice ride and congrats!
thanks, yea i have my hands on it... hands, sweat, blood, money, pain, but its well worth it, have to love that hp to weigth ratio, but still has its limits never heard of a 900hp srt4, they do have an evo doing 900+ hp, that pisses me off i like evos but i hate hate them at the same time everybody that has one think they are the ****, and ppl dont belive me when i tell them i8 beat evos even before i had so much stuff on the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
as for the 300whp stock turbo cars, its actually not quite hard, aaronneon from realtune in ohio has a How-to on it. you only need a couple parts to get close to or over 300whp out of the little td04, a return line, 3" exhaust, large IC, adjustable wga, map clamp/safc/dtec(either one works), and a good tune, thats it, btw the fastest stock turbo no nitrous srt has run an 11.8, so the little turbo has some potential

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i know that was dan the one who ran the 11.8 he also has a ported intake and exhaust manifold, water injection, cams (12's) cam gears, no bal shaft chain, and runs slicks at the track not to mention the good driver he is, and still of the bottle ! the turbo it self is still untouched

i know stuff too. lol

i know... well i hope i am on the 300+ range i have all the suporting mods for it, i am still tuning my car after the fpr install i am runing rich but in a week or 2 ill have my car dyno'd and get some accurate numbers.

·
Registered
86 Posts
srt4guy said:
how much exactly?
Last time I dynoed I had 340 whp and 380 torque, far from stock and a blast to drive..... on low boost (15lbs) I ran a 8.1 in the eighth with a crappy 1.9 60ft, the car was a hand full due to them not prepping the track. I've cut a 1.7 60ft on the same tires with decent track prep.
Oh and the stock clutch hates me......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.