Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gained 980 miles after I took my 2004 in to have the cluster replaced... Drive away with a month or so off the car, in fact my oil change I did 3 weeks ago hasn't occurred yet, not for another 30 miles or so. Go figure... I'm trying to myself. What the

I didn't think it was possible to roll it back like that, how did they do that and why?

·
Registered
24 Posts
when the dash panel is replaced the service tech will need to program the miles back in. the new cluster will come with 0 miles on it. I work with German cars and we need to input kilometers and that transfers to miles. we can be a little of sometimes. not usually as much as yours was off. but that is good for you. even better if you did a smart buy.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Jag Flash said:
Drive away with a month or so off the car, in fact my oil change I did 3 weeks ago hasn't occurred yet, not for another 30 miles or so.
It's Ground Hog Day! If you find yourself with a serious case of deja vu over the next few days, try to use it to your advantage.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Heh, that happened with me when I brought mine in for a new dash when I had about 9600 on it, but I think they misread the dash (the lines were disappearing)...they put it to 8600 on me. So, now I really have over 12,000 but it says 11 :rofl:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts