Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and everybody wants to race. 1st was a Buick Regal T-type( I think same body style as a Grand National), anyway we leave the red light and I'm just about to shift into 2nd when I hear his turbo start to kick in , so I nail it shift 2nd and pull out a good car and a half ahead I let off because we are in town and he comes flyin' by ,but I think I proved my point.
2nd was a guy in a Jeep Grand Cheerokee, I know I shouldn't have but he asked for it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Waycross, about 385 miles south of Atlanta, if you never heard of it.
I was just looking at your car, same as mine except mine as black interior

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Welcome to GTOforum and congrats on the GTO, I am 35 miles north of Atlanta in a small city called Canton. My prefence was red with black, but the dealer only had one with the red interior ordered. I haven't had anyone challenge me yet, had alot of people wanting to look and talk. But no racers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So far I've had a run with a new Monte Carlo SS (Still with paper tags) a Matrix R (pretty funny), a Chevy Pickup Truck, an Infinity SUV, and a few more I can't think of. In each case I left them in the dust with ease.

I almost had a run yesterday with a C5 Vette. Now that would have been interesting. But there was too much traffic so I just backed off, but he wanted to play.

People either don't give us respect or they want to see how fast we are. Or they just don't know anything about the car (sleeper)

·
Registered
168 Posts
People either don't give us respect or they want to see how fast we are. Or they just don't know anything about the car (sleeper)[/QUOTE]

THis car is definitely a sleeper. I've had a few runs myself. The funnest one was a race down a canyon up against a 94-96 Corvette. This guy saw me coming down the hill fast (I was testing how it handled at tight turns) and it decides to take off. Needless to say, I kept it in third all the way and he never caught up to me. This car handles very well. There was this one challenge that I lost. It was against a new Silverado SS, it had a rolling start off of a red light and I was just too aggresive with the throttle and the T/C slowed me down. (I do blame the ground being too wet though)

But all in all I tend to beat most of the challengers. I'm actually going to have the dealer check my rearview mirror. I think it's broken, all I see is car's getting smaller and smaller way too quick. I hope the warranty covers it. :lol:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I took on one of those Silverado SS's a few weeks ago and ate him alive. We were both at a rolling start so I didn't have your hook-up problem(which I experience often).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts