Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a good time. Forgot my camera, but was very happy with the response on the lemans. Amazing how many pontiac people there are out there. Even talked with a guy from england. Poor guy, it's cheaper to visit the states and pack parts in their suitcase than buy them in the UK. He had a 67 lemans so he was quite the conversationalist.

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
It's definitely a spiritual experience, taking your finished car out in public and receiving the recognition for all your hard work.

I'm finally to the point where I'm doing some serious tuning on the Beast, trying to get it go launch even harder than it already does.

Just tonight after going out for a couple of test hops, I stood quietly out in my garage just looking at it, listening to the sounds of the engine cooling, looking around at all the places in the garage where I once had parts stored, body panels hung, looking at the stains on the floor from the body and paint work, the chalk lines where I'd measured and lined up the suspension and for a few minutes contemplating all the work I've accomplished in those confines over the past 4 years, feeling simultaneously proud, amazed, and more than a little thankful. :eek:

Bear

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
amen

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Nice revelation. Congrats on all your hard work! How long did it take to get all the bondo dust out?

It's definitely a spiritual experience, taking your finished car out in public and receiving the recognition for all your hard work.

I'm finally to the point where I'm doing some serious tuning on the Beast, trying to get it go launch even harder than it already does.

Just tonight after going out for a couple of test hops, I stood quietly out in my garage just looking at it, listening to the sounds of the engine cooling, looking around at all the places in the garage where I once had parts stored, body panels hung, looking at the stains on the floor from the body and paint work, the chalk lines where I'd measured and lined up the suspension and for a few minutes contemplating all the work I've accomplished in those confines over the past 4 years, feeling simultaneously proud, amazed, and more than a little thankful. :eek:

Bear

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I did my first cruise night this year too, it's a wonderful experience, to say the least. Congrats on all your hard work.

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Nice revelation. Congrats on all your hard work! How long did it take to get all the bondo dust out?
You're assumption there is that it's all out --- that would be incorrect.. :rofl:

Mrs. Bear still "cautions" me from time to time about the various substances I track into the house from out there... :D

Bear

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
BONDO?.....my car does'nt have any bondo in it....LMAO. Then you did not get it straight! my frame still surprises me with small mounds of sand from blasting, and the 6 qts of trans fluid from dropping it alone has more than soaked up the bondo dust.....LOL, now to buy stock in Kitty litter and epoxy garage floor paint.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
There is no straight car out there that isn't lathered in bondo. Doesn't mean the bondo is packed in rust holes. If the magnet doesn't stick, it's a hole.. I just paid $32 a quart for "real metal" bondo, doing my windshield with it.
Oh, nice ride.
If it's not bondo dust, then it's trying to clean the last remnants of buffing compound out of every crevice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts