Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I haven't been in the forum for a few days. I went to my dealer on Tuesday to order an 05 and wound up driving off in an 04 red/red m6. $5500.00 off the sticker, plus the negative equity on my, I'm embarrassed to say, 03 Dodge Intrepid. I don't know which felt better, getting out from under the Dodge, or getting the goat. Hmmm!!! Man!!!! It's nice to have a V-8 at my fingertips again. Aaahhh!!!! First two days of driving are exactly how all of you described. NICE!!!!
For those of you waiting to get an 05. Here is what I gleened from the dealer. As of 05 Oct, still no pricing info. Also the 18" wheels are still uncertain. Looking at Dec./Jan for delivery of ordered vehicles and Jan./Feb for regular dealer inventory to start arriving. Anyone have anymore current info?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Congrats. I've had mine a week now. Traded in 02 SS Camaro, so it was equitable.

I'm not gonna beat myself up for not waiting for the '05, because

besides the K&N Cold Air Induction, the only mod I'm doing is Head & Cam, and
that ought to put me up 100 hp and that'll be enough for a daily driver.

I had dual / dual from SLP on the SS, but I like better the true dual left side on the GTO, so that 05 change doesn't bother me.

Ram Air Hood, had it on the SS and guess I'm getting older 'cause it won't bother me not having it. In fact, I like the sleeper effect better.

I'm thinking of putting flat black racing stripes over the phantom black paint.

·
Registered
476 Posts
GumbyGoat said:
For those of you waiting to get an 05. Here is what I gleened from the dealer. As of 05 Oct, still no pricing info. Also the 18" wheels are still uncertain. Looking at Dec./Jan for delivery of ordered vehicles and Jan./Feb for regular dealer inventory to start arriving. Anyone have anymore current info?
Pretty much the same as I have been told as far as delivery dates. I was also informed the the 18" wheels won't be an option and orders keep coming back to the dealers when that option is checked.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I feel the same way in regard to the sleeper effect. I like the clean lines. Besides it looks good backed into the garage next to my wife's red 03 grand am gt. Now she's jealous. I got the last laugh. I told her it was either trade her in on two 20 year olds or a new GTO. I won!!! Oh jeez!!! I hope she doesn't read this forum!!!! Ha Ha!!! :eek:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Regarding delivery / transit times.

My goat was built May 04

My inspection sticker is in the month of August.

I know by my business that it takes approx. 30 days on the ocean, Australia to USA, so all that together is telling me it takes 60 days from manufacture to the dealer, imo.

Don't know if anyone here has access to GM Transit Records, but that would be interesting to see.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In regard to transit, the Dealer said the same as you. He was also showing his individual allocation and how that works. Pretty cool stuff!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm still waiting for a 2005. But, they sure are giving away the '04s....this makes my position a little harder to justify.

I figure maybe next summer I will take the plunge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You won't get that 100hp your expecting from the heads and cam unless you do something with your airflow problem. Intake, headers and high flow cats.

Rick

·
Registered
12 Posts
where are you buying your cam/heads? who are you having to do the work?

westell said:
Congrats. I've had mine a week now. Traded in 02 SS Camaro, so it was equitable.

I'm not gonna beat myself up for not waiting for the '05, because

besides the K&N Cold Air Induction, the only mod I'm doing is Head & Cam, and
that ought to put me up 100 hp and that'll be enough for a daily driver.

I had dual / dual from SLP on the SS, but I like better the true dual left side on the GTO, so that 05 change doesn't bother me.

Ram Air Hood, had it on the SS and guess I'm getting older 'cause it won't bother me not having it. In fact, I like the sleeper effect better.

I'm thinking of putting flat black racing stripes over the phantom black paint.

·
Registered
160 Posts
GumbyGoat said:
You're a stronger man than I!!! Good Luck.
I know this sounds crazy....but if the 2004's had split dual exhaust, one would be parked in my garage right now.

The LS2 and scoops are gravy....I just want split duals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts