Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At a local small air strip they shut it down to do 1/8th mile drags that anyone could enter in. I've got a 04 m6 with just a couple small modifications, like an intake SLP MAF Sensor and a Preditor Programmer. But I did put out some ok times, my first run was against a 02 Corvette Auto that was stock and I walked on it no problem, I ran the 1/8th in 8.1 @ 80.5 MPH to his 9.1 @ 81 MPH. A friend of mine has a 89 240 SX with a SR20 DET motor Swap and unfortunately he was getting out of the whole quicker than me and took me twice but over all time mine was faster my best run of the day was a 8.01 @81 MPH but i thought that was pretty respectable. Let me know what you think or what anyone else is running. Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice times.....

My last car was a 95 240sx with S14 SR20DET Blacktop swap and other goodies. I was putting down 270whp @ 15lbs of boost. Lighter car and more horses on the 240 is a great combo.

I am shopping for my next car. I am torn between an 05 GTO and/or 04 G35 Coupe.

GTO CONS:
-Mileage
-Trade in value low compared to G35

G35 CONS:
-Less hp than the GTO but better gas mileage
-Trade in good but i pay more now to get it

We all know the PROs on both cars. I am just trying to decide what CONS are worth getting one or the other...

My daily commute is about 50 miles or so roundtrip on backroads with some redlights but moving 45-60mph.

Btw, back on topic.....I am still learning GTOs and G35s. Imo, those #'s are not bad whatsoever.......

Rinku

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I was some what amazed at the times but I do have all the slips from the track. The weird thing is that I never left the 80 mile an hour range but the track shouldn't lie. I'm going to try and scan the slips and post them tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.