Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wondering what does happen when an 04 GTO does not sell? My two closest dealers still have 04's on there showroom floor and they have been there forever. Do they go to auction, and even though they are new, would they go to a used car dealership.

One of the dealers had a new 05 in the back of there lot, while the 04 was in the showroom. I then asked a salesman, why isn't the 05 in the showroom and the 04 in the back lot? He just shrugged his shoulders and said, I don't know. What gives here? Am I missing something :confused

· Registered
56 Posts
They sit on their lots until they decide to take what they're worth rather than what they want (that is IF they can find someone who wants them - not putting the car down, just the reality of leftovers).

They could take them to auction, but they weren't selling there when they were the current model and now I guess your dealer is not willing to take what they MIGHT bring at auction (again, got to find someone who is willing on taking the risk of investing cash in the car on the chance that they'll be able to retail it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.