Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hey EEZ- how's the maggie for you? I ordered one through T Byrne well over a month ago now, waited almost a month and it still never showed up and I just got the runaround from Magnacharger. Every time I called them for a tracking #, it was "it is going out today and we'll call you with tracking info", week later, same story. FInally the last time they said that, I said it is BS and I want to know the deal, so they said TByrne screwed up the order and just got it resolved. Called T Byrne and they said that wasn't the case and called Magnacharger. Called me back and said there was a problem with the GTO blowers and Magnacharger was recalling them due to a carbon fiber shaft issue and that the updated part was a steel shaft that caused "harmonic vibrations" and that anyone not sending their blower in for the recall would have the warranty void- so basically they screwed you into either getting a shaft that would cause vibrations or voiding your warranty. When I asked how they planned on sending mine out if they hadn't resolved the harmoics issue, the response I got was "they were going to send it with the carbon fiber shaft and no warranty". Needless to say, for $5500 with no warranty, I told them to stuff it and ordered a procharger. I could not believe magnacharger had the gall to throw TByrne under the bus like that when the problem was on their end- very unethical business practice if you ask me. Anyway- back to the question- have you had any issues with yours?
Joe

·
Registered
569 Posts
EEZ GOAT said:
that pic with the s/c is not mine. i was at a gto meet when i took that pic. the rest are of mine. not s/c for me. i think iam going with 100-150 wet shot of NOS. its cheaper for my wallet:cheers

You know, I have repeatadly told myself that if I'd just done heads, cam, exhaust and spray, it would be much faster than the blower for a bit less- but I like the "all the time" power with the blower, so I went that route. I usually am a nitrous guy though.
Joe

·
Registered
56 Posts
friend ordered a lid for his maro from T Byrne, called after a week and they told him it was shipped, didnt give trac #, next week same thing, third week called, and they told him that the lid was on back order from slp. Took over a month to get his lid, even when they said it was shipped. Also told him that he was getting a free t-shirt. Nope. No t-shirt. Personally I'll never order from T Byrne just because of that. So i wouldnt doubt if "TByrne screwed up the order and just got it resolved" Sorry for stealing the thread.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'd say before the GO FAST! mods
work on your suspension and etc.
shocks, struts, springs, swaybars, bushings, STB
CAGS eliminator
160 thermostat
Short-throw shifter (GMM Ripshifter)
like EEZ said CAI (LPE)

·
Registered
172 Posts
what does a s/c such as the one in the pic run for ? and does anyone have a link to the site so i can look into them? also has anyone seen or heard a straight piped GTO? I have an 04 and was thinkin the magnaflow system but my stock system sounds and looks better than the magnaflow does? any thoughts on other exhaust work to do ? links would be great. also im lookin at a cam switch and was lookin for one with a deap lope tone to it if anyone has a good link. with that about how long would it be for a place to do a cam switch?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Thanks Chris and eez- who knows where the problem came from. I know that TByrne does not stock these items and they are drop shipped from the manufacturer so the problem could have just as easily been on either end. I do know that my procharger went out fairly quick though, so if it was TByrne, they made sure not to make the same mistake twice :). Just sucks dishing out over $5k for something and getting the runaround- especially with something like this. Not that it was an impulse buy, but it is still something you are excited to get and then after this, I am not even in the mood to want to put it on... I'm sure once it shows up, it will be a different story though :).

Yeah, MJG- sorry for the thread jack, I just needed to know if anyone else had the same problems :).
Joe

·
Registered
479 Posts
I also had a delay from tbyrne. It took 1 day shy of a month to get my headers from them. Even after I got my headers I wasn't able to install them right away since UPS(under paid slaves) beat the crap out of the box and I was missing all of my hardware. The box looked like ace ventura delivered my package.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Back to the orignal question, Headers, exhaust and spray...

I got an 05 with SLP LT's, MagnaFlow cat-back, BMR Drag bags, BMR Drive Shaft and a 150 shot. Best time, 12.1 @ 120.4, on street tires.

Next will be a tune and Nitto's, just got LS2 Edit.

Good Luck,

Chris

·
Registered
569 Posts
socal gto said:
I also had a delay from tbyrne. It took 1 day shy of a month to get my headers from them. Even after I got my headers I wasn't able to install them right away since UPS(under paid slaves) beat the crap out of the box and I was missing all of my hardware. The box looked like ace ventura delivered my package.

Huh, ironic.. Also, another thing that PISSED ME OFF is that AFTER speaking with both TByrne and Procharger about this whole deal and wanting to make sure it is a full turn key setup, to which they both said "yes", I spoke with Fastchip yesterday (they do the procharger tune) and was politely told "I just want you to know ahead of time that 9 out of 10 times the 05-06 GTO's will not start after the ECU is reinstalled and has to be towed to the dealer to have them reset the system". I said it would have been nice to be told in advance and they told me that both TByrne and Procharger know this and have an information packet explaining this- arrrgghhh....

Not a huge deal for me as a buddy that works at a chevy dealer is bringing home the Tech 2 to reset things when I get it back, but I can see this being a HUGE inconveinience for some!!! Funny though- I spoke with my friend and he said it is about a half hours work, but the Pontiac dealer I got it from looked up the same bulliten number my friend did (GM document on how to reset things) and said "oh, this is all aftermarket, it's not typical GM stuff- it will be 3-4 hours labor at $95/hr"- yeah kiss my ass. If I did have to pay this, both TByrne and Procharger would be getting an earful- especially since they told me repeatedly- "bolt it up and go"!!!

Anyway, really sorry for the threadjack, just got going on this stuff :).
Joe

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yeah, what else do you have? How big of a shot? An LS1 does not run 11.6 nor trap anywhere near 128 with just a K&N and race fuel ;). That is about 20 mph off AT LEAST from what the car should trap with no mods....
Joe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.