Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few of mine ihave heard all the time .

my friend has a car that can beat your car !!!

is that the new G6?
so what do you plan on doing to it ?
can it go 200mph?
that HEMI will **** on it!!!
i can't race on the highway my gears are to big? (1/4 mile junkies)
what made you get that? Pontiacds are slow!!!!
my friend has one of those cars!!!! :willy:

the best one is (i was going to get that. i went to test drive it) but they never say why they did not get it

sounds to me like there are a lot of haters out there!!!!!! :party:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Groucho said:
"A Pontiac? Whyinthehell didjya buy a Pontiac?"
so said my cousin,a good freind and my brother..
:lol:

Gotten so tired of explaining its NOT a pontiac I think i am gonna have leaflets printed up explaining it..

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was at a car show a couple weeks ago (with my 05 M6, hood swapped with the 04). Me and my buddies are just hanging out, and we hear an "expert" analyze my car to his pal:

Expert:"Aw look, new GTO. These things got 400 horsepower, total ass kickers. These things are real nice...but not this one. This is an 04."

(note: hood is partially up - you can see the LS2 badge, aas well as the inspection sticker and show tag saying it's an 05)

Expert's friend:"But it says it's an 05 on the card..."

Expert: "Oh, this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. The 05s have hood scoops."

And with that, they left.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Guy driving a Grand Am asked me if it was a 4 or 6.

I was told it was a "Chick" car by a girl I work with that has an 04 Mustang GT. My answer to that was lets race, loser has to drop their pants to prove what kinda car theirs really is.

Why didn't you buy a Mustang GT, they're faster.

When showing it to people, they tend to say something like "Wow 33,000 is a lot for a car like this" while looking at the outside. After they ride in it they say the exact opposite.

·
Registered
96 Posts
When I was paying for my license/title, the lady told me the fee fairly loud. The clerk next to her says "Wow, that's a high price". She responds with "that's what you get when you buy a brand new Mustang".....trying to keep my composure, I say "It's not a Mustang, it's a GTO". She looked at me first, then the title, and apologized.

Twice I have been asked if it has a straight six.

When I have mentioned the amount of horsepower she has, I have gotten "In a front wheel drive car?!"

·
Registered
271 Posts
Some frikin rocket surgeon said "nice Mustang" I gave him the finger and said "GTO fugger" and just drove off..............That's why I bought a inlay kit for the GTO logo on the rear bumper so it will stand out a little bit more when I leave them way behind, downshifting 3 gears trying to keep up :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
let see...
is it rear wheel drive?

is that the new grand am?

how did you get that sound out of a v6 caviler?

wanna race my honda accord?

a mustang v6 will out run that thing...(before i told them how many ponys it had) then they was...maybe not..

my dad the first time i pulled up in it.... that one bad ride...let me drive :D

guy in a ford pick up...(was sitting beside a new mustang gt) that thing is beautiful...better than that thing beside ya..(lady in gt frowned)

the best.....take that thiing off our car lot..we are loosing customers because of that thing.... :party:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.