Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed last night I have a power steering leak. Its seems to be coming from where these rubber hoses connect to the hardlines.

Does anyone know what the PN for #9 is? These are the hoses that are leaking.

Are these part of the PS cooling system?

Does anyone know if its common for them to leak right where these are clamped? I had PS issues with all F bodies I owned also, but this is a first for the Goat

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
There is no PS cooling system on the GTO. Those are just regular rubber hoses. I had to disconnect those when I installed my front sway bar. Just buy some replacement hose the same diameter, cut them to fit, and make sure the hose clamp is snug!

Here is a pic of when I had to disconnect mine to get the front sway bar out. I have bolts plugging them up and an extra piece of tubing connecting the hardlines so fluid didn't drain out. You can use the same technique when you switch yours out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no PS cooling system on the GTO. Those are just regular rubber hoses. I had to disconnect those when I installed my front sway bar. Just buy some replacement hose the same diameter, cut them to fit, and make sure the hose clamp is snug!

Here is a pic of when I had to disconnect mine to get the front sway bar out. I have bolts plugging them up and an extra piece of tubing connecting the hardlines so fluid didn't drain out. You can use the same technique when you switch yours out.

Thanks GTO44.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts