Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 of these hubcaps came with the extra set of tires & rims among other parts I got with my '64 Coupe. Until I looked closer I thought the center was a Pontiac Arrowhead. Now I don't think so, the tip end has an dogleg & the top points are not symetrical. Couldn't find em in any GTO hucap searches or Pontiac. Maybe just old generic spinners? Any ideas? Slow day.

Attachments

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
If you turn it about 80° clockwise, it looks like a bird. Chevrolet used birds on the hoods for many years. Are there any markings on the inside or the plastic center ??

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TMP - I think you are right. There is an "eye" above the bent beak on the bird. I'll go search some Chevy caps any idea on the years 50's-60's I'd guess. No visible markings but I didn't take the center apart. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Geeteeohguy - Right on the mark! Ebay has a few 64-66 Skylark caps that look identical.
Thanks!

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
My bet is '64 Buick Skylark.....
I knew one of the other GM brands had them too but couldn't remember. No cause for alarm of oldtimers with you...:lol:

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Out here in Cali cars don't rust.....as a young mechanic 'coming up' in the late '70's-early 80's I pulled a lot of wheel covers off of '60's cars that were still being used as daily transportation. A bunch of them were Buicks, and a few were Gran Sports, GM's most undervalued and unappreciated musclecar.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Out here in Cali cars don't rust.....as a young mechanic 'coming up' in the late '70's-early 80's I pulled a lot of wheel covers off of '60's cars that were still being used as daily transportation. A bunch of them were Buicks, and a few were Gran Sports, GM's most undervalued and unappreciated musclecar.
Absolutely!

A '67 GS 400 is on my list (of many) when I hit the lottery! -lol

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts