Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1/8 7.63 at 89.14, 60ft of 1.61
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While walking to my car, this guy comes over and admires my car,ask how i like it and of course you all know the answer to that, well we talk about it and he says you know you do'nt just drive a car like this you wear it!!!!And i do love wearing it...quite an expensive outfit my husband bought me...thank you honey!;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got mine today, so I haven't gotten many comments yet. I did meet one of my neighbors for the first time today. He heard me start it up and came out and started drooling over it. He tells me he has a friend with one and he was very impressed with it. I'm really looking forward to showing it off at work tomorrow. One guy has a Chrysler 300 (6 cyl) and he seems to think it is an SRT8. He will probably want to race me. :rolleyes: Another has an '06 Impala SS. Should be a couple easy kills.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The thing I always hear is, "I didn't know they made those anymore."
Followed by, "Does that say 6 litre?" Then there are the many people who mistake it for a G6. No one who has a performance car of course, but it is kinda insulting.:seeya:

·
Registered
167 Posts
My wife didn't buy the car for me, but she did something almost as good. She called me from work and left a message on the machine that simply said, (GET THE CAR). I haven't stopped smiling since.:)

·
Registered
491 Posts
bluhaven said:
While walking to my car, this guy comes over and admires my car,ask how i like it and of course you all know the answer to that, well we talk about it and he says you know you do'nt just drive a car like this you wear it!!!!And i do love wearing it...quite an expensive outfit my husband bought me...thank you honey!;)
Most guys say "sweet" or "beautiful car"...one lady said it was a "cute little car" :eek:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Drove mine to work yesterday, first time. Here's some comments:

"That's a beautiful GTO"
"Wow"
"What's that thing have in it?", and upon opening the hood, "Is that a V6?", and then upon being told it's a V8, "How many horsepower?", and then (Holy cra_!, You're shi__in me!"
"I like the red interior"
"That things kind of a sleeper, isn't it?"

What a joy to drive. Let's face it, if we bought these cars to be noticed, I would have probably bought the Xfire I was looking at. The GTO is just so much car, and so much fun to drive.

·
Registered
154 Posts
C5ORGTO said:
I played Texas Holdem with some friends the other night. Every one of them said "Thats a nice Cavalier out there." They do it just to tick me off.
Heh, the Cavalier isn't even a Pontiac, it's a Chevrolet! I saw a Cavalier the other day and it's not even close. They should at least compare it to a Grand Prix which it does resemble a 2-door version of, albeit with much more power and style.

·
Registered
141 Posts
It seems that whenever my wife gets to drive it, she gets questions about the car, or finds someone staring at it when she comes back to it. I don't ever seem to draw any attention while driving it. I guess there are certain advantages to that. When I talk to people about it, they are pretty impressed with the numbers though.

·
Registered
305 Posts
raven1124 said:
My friends say the same thing but when it comes time to put up or shut up, they always shut up.
Ditto. Everyone wants to run their mouth till it comes time to put up.

Same goes for the "calling it a Cavalier just to piss me off". Was in Ft Lauderdale where there's bars with open walls right on the street and the bartender I just met called it a Grand Prix wannabe.

After 3 hours of harassment and friendly joking I left. I stopped in front of the bar, 15 feet from the actual bartop, and smoked the tires from a standstill through 2nd gear and 75 feet down the road.

Didn't get any more shet from him when I came back the next day.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Oh yes, I, too have fielded the "Cavalier" comments. Mine happened from a Corvette owner, a C5. He shut his pie hole after I beat him in a race...now all I hear is him saying how fast it is whenever someone mentions it (which is the only way to save grace for his corvette, since nearly a dozen people saw the race). ;)
Beyond that, I've had people of all ages come up to me and ask about the car and/or comment on it. I did a burnout last weekend for the guy at the gas station, he hasn't stopped talking about it since. I was driving home from work early one day when I came out of the gas station and there was a gang of high school kids surrounding my car, peeking inside. I had a 60 or so year old guy ask me about it, if it was fast (of course I said "yeah, pretty quick"). So far I haven't heard a bad comment about it. People actually think they're much faster than they really are. One guy asked me if it would actually DO 200 miles per hour...unfortunately, i had to say "no" to him. People do love the car, and the yellow jacket color makes it stand out even more. I constantly see people staring at it as I drive down the road. It always cracks me up when I see a mustang owner staring at it, there are few things better than that.
By the way JohnEBeGood, I have several pics of your goat mixed in with the 900 other pictures that rotate every 5 minutes as my desktop picture. I love the hood of your car. If anybody else wants the desktop pictures, I have tons of GTOs, Corvettes, Camaros and various other vehicles. I can zip them and put 'em on my website for y'all to download if you want 'em.

·
Registered
700 Posts
ah, you have the holden badges on there though. People generally see "GTO" on one of my badges and figure out what it is. hehe
I'd imagine that the holden badges do generate quite a bit of buzz though, and it looks cool too. sweet car. I think I may have one of your car in my library too. haha

·
Registered
584 Posts
Groucho said:
People always wonder WTF it is...and like it.
HAHA GROUCHO yer gunna make the clueless peoples' head hurt. "What Brand is HSV?" "I Haven't seen a brand with the Thunder Cats Logo on it before?" Man-O-Man People these days

·
Registered
700 Posts
GOOD! Maybe their heads will explode! This world would be a LOT better place without all the clueless idiots walking around. If you see a clueless person's head explode after looking at your emblems, let me know so I can get some...I'm always up for ridding the world of idiots! :cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.