Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put in a new gasket kit and I was unable to figure out where these gaskets went. The 2 blue ones Im not really worried about. But the 2 black round ones Im really questioning. Engine is a 71 350

·
Registered
855 Posts
Sounds like the intake to timing cover, is it just 1 inch round?? Only one is needed but have seen twofers in the gasket kits before.. Les

·
Registered
668 Posts
Or they could be for the water pump tubes, they seal the separator plate so the water pump will work. I can get you a pic of where they are if you need one.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thumpin 455 that would be great. There were 3 black 1 inch diameter gaskets. 1 was differant than the other 2 so I used it for the intake to timing cover. The extra 2 seemed to be slotted around the diameter of the face. I thought they went on the tubes in the timing cover but didnt take any out from there. What was there that looked like the gasket seemed to be metal. I sure hope I didnt screw up and have to tear it apart.

I cant get logged into my photobucket account for some reason so I cant post the pics.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yeah those fit in the tubes, just pry the old ones out and put the new ones in. Not sure why they put three in the gasket kits when you only need two. You can see the new ones in this shot through the small holes in the separator plate. If you want a pic of the tubes themselves I can get that too, but I am pretty sure you know what they look like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts