Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t like being disrespected and my car being disrespected. Having my car damaged and then refusing to fix damage, saying it’s normal for seat not to match and cover not to fit and parts to be left off. Also normal to scratch and gouge GTO rims when you rotate tires. Normal to put gouges in tie rods when doing alignment on new car. Normal to align 8 times, test drive 75mi and still have pull, tire where and steering wheel not centered. Normal to get greasy prints all over car inside and out. Normal to grind grease into floor mat with GTO logo in white. Have Manager say just a car, just transportation why worry about cosmetics. Being told there is no GM Rep to contact for help or to look at car. And then have GM Customer Service say sorry your not satisfied nothing we can do Dealers are private owned. Wish I had aligned the car myself and skipped all this. Never bought new car before, had no idea they treated customers and cars like this. UGGGGGG.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Holden said:
I don’t like being disrespected and my car being disrespected. Having my car damaged and then refusing to fix damage, saying it’s normal for seat not to match and cover not to fit and parts to be left off. Also normal to scratch and gouge GTO rims when you rotate tires. Normal to put gouges in tie rods when doing alignment on new car. Normal to align 8 times, test drive 75mi and still have pull, tire where and steering wheel not centered. Normal to get greasy prints all over car inside and out. Normal to grind grease into floor mat with GTO logo in white. Have Manager say just a car, just transportation why worry about cosmetics. Being told there is no GM Rep to contact for help or to look at car. And then have GM Customer Service say sorry your not satisfied nothing we can do Dealers are private owned. Wish I had aligned the car myself and skipped all this. Never bought new car before, had no idea they treated customers and cars like this. UGGGGGG.

WOW, man that really sux. Are there any other dealers in the area you can go to?

I can honestly say my dealer here treats me great. Not only my GTO but my wife's Grand-Am GT as well. Jones Pontiac in Lancaster is great to me, and I would recommed them to anyone. Last time I had my GTO in the shop, I came to pick it up, and was told the car wasn't there, and that my service rep had it out. He took it over to the body shop, vacuumed the interior, washed the exterior, applied speed detail to it, glossed the tires and brought it back. I was shocked. I cannot say enough good things about the way I have been treated. So if I have to take the car back for a second time for the same problem, I ain't gonna complain.

It's a shame you have idiots to deal with. I am reading your post and shaking my head in dismay. Unbelievable they way they are treating you. Sorry to hear it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The dealer service on my goat has been pretty sad. My car has been in about 10 times in 5 months. They have fixed 2 of the 14 items that needed fixing. The service manager was fired and the girl at the computer quit. At first It really pissed me off but then I was reminded of how much I really love this car. I guess its like this, you can complain about the goat or you can look at the brighter side, 400 hp and 400 lb of torque in a great looking car.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fergyflyer said:
Definately find another dealer. Also let GM know about the problem. They may act like they don't care, but the dealership gets reamed when several people call. Your call may be the one that triggers it.
I was to 3 Dealers in 3 cities 8 times. Have so many calls to GM they said don’t call any more. The last Dealer says he is gna fix 3 problems to bring it back in 2 wks. But he won’t fix any damage done by other Dealer. I wish I knew who to contact @ GM I’m sure the rite person would take care of problems.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Damn man, I didn't realize you were still dealing with this!
I tell you what, pm me the dealerships names and addresses, I still have some contacts through GM and will get you to the person you need to talk to.

BTW, the thing I hated most about taking my car in was the lack of product knowledge and the general "I don't give a sh*t" attitude that was shown.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.