Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is a member at my work that owns an 03/04 350Z. He knows that I own a GTO and has given me compliments on my ride, so I like to do the favor to him in return every once in a while. Well, the other day when he pulls up, he pops the hood to show me his new CAI ( Ingine or something like that). He starts to blab on and on about it telling how he is getting 20 horses out of it and I am standing there with a smile on my face, mainly because I am trying to hold back my laughter. When all of a sudden he says "I should be able to give you a pretty good run for your money now huh?" I am like :confused , "I hate to say it, but I don't think you would be able to hang for very long. I have raced a few modded 350Z's before and they weren't a whole lot to deal with. I mean, I could be wrong(I'm not), but I just don't see it happening." He responds, "those GTO's run 5 seconds from 0-60, how do you figure? With that CAI I should be down to those times." Yeah, but no one races to 0-60 and shuts down. He gets in his car and parks.
When he comes back to the clubhouse, he says that he is eventually going to get a twin turbo setup. "Cool", I say. "Yeah I should be running in the tens by then."
Is that even possible? He should not be dippin into the 10's with just a CAI, twin turbo and X-pipe should he? I was just curious 'cause I think it's a bunch of BS, but wasn't sure.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Phantom05 said:
There is a member at my work that owns an 03/04 350Z. He knows that I own a GTO and has given me compliments on my ride, so I like to do the favor to him in return every once in a while. Well, the other day when he pulls up, he pops the hood to show me his new CAI ( Ingine or something like that). He starts to blab on and on about it telling how he is getting 20 horses out of it and I am standing there with a smile on my face, mainly because I am trying to hold back my laughter. When all of a sudden he says "I should be able to give you a pretty good run for your money now huh?" I am like :confused , "I hate to say it, but I don't think you would be able to hang for very long. I have raced a few modded 350Z's before and they weren't a whole lot to deal with. I mean, I could be wrong(I'm not), but I just don't see it happening." He responds, "those GTO's run 5 seconds from 0-60, how do you figure? With that CAI I should be down to those times." Yeah, but no one races to 0-60 and shuts down. He gets in his car and parks.
When he comes back to the clubhouse, he says that he is eventually going to get a twin turbo setup. "Cool", I say. "Yeah I should be running in the tens by then."
Is that even possible? He should not be dippin into the 10's with just a CAI, twin turbo and X-pipe should he? I was just curious 'cause I think it's a bunch of BS, but wasn't sure.
:lol: Have you ever seen the kind of power it takes to put a car into the 10's? Watch the speed-channel sometimes. It makes the GTO look like an underpowered luxobarge. This guy is kidding himself. Another one of the "I've got 30lbs of boost and kill Vettes" kind. With the blistering as*-whoopin I have given the 350Z that CAI is going to be like him bailing out the Titanic with a solo cup. Twin-turbos will more than likely bring him into your realm, maybe better, but 10's? If he gets his 350 into the 10's their ain't gonna be sh*t for stock left on that goddamned car of his.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JMVorbeck said:
:lol: Have you ever seen the kind of power it takes to put a car into the 10's? Watch the speed-channel sometimes. It makes the GTO look like an underpowered luxobarge. This guy is kidding himself. Another one of the "I've got 30lbs of boost and kill Vettes" kind. With the blistering as*-whoopin I have given the 350Z that CAI is going to be like him bailing out the Titanic with a solo cup. Twin-turbos will more than likely bring him into your realm, maybe better, but 10's? If he gets his 350 into the 10's their ain't gonna be sh*t for stock left on that goddamned car of his.
Yeah, I know exactly what kind of power it takes. I know he has no clue about what he is saying, I just wasn't sure if it was even possible to even dip into the 10 second range. When he mentioned twin turbos, I was waiting for low 12's/ high11's, but 10's!, do you have a Viper underneath that hood? Oh yeah, my remote is set to the Speed Channel, that's why I am not clueless, just curious.
Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Most guys I've seen with the TT setup on a 350z seem to run low 13's to high 12's. Of course that car isn't at all made for speed really... it's more of just a flashy looking luxury car.

I'd like to see a 350z running the 10's though with a lot of boost running through it... the drivetrain would prolly simultaneously implode after about 10 miles :lol:

·
Registered
565 Posts
lowazztruck said:
stock block bottem end with twin turbos should put him mid-high 11.s theres a nissan z shop in my town and they have two of the first 350z's to be tt and ive seen them run so i would be able to tell you NOT A 10 SEC RUN
I would think to get mid-high 11's you would need something a little bit more than just the TT.

I've seen many of these things run with mods... and for some reason they just don't soak up mod power very well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.