Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you like about your GTO? I keep reading all the negative threads. How about a positive one for a change? My car is RED which of course is the right color for a GTO. Also makes it go faster!:rofl:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like the fact that you aren't passing hundreds of them going the other way every day...like you would be if you were driving a Corvette or a Mustang.

I've had my new GTO 4 days now and I must have been asked 40 times already "what is that?".

·
Registered
415 Posts
silvergoat2k6 said:
I like the fact that you aren't passing hundreds of them going the other way every day...like you would be if you were driving a Corvette or a Mustang.

I've had my new GTO 4 days now and I must have been asked 40 times already "what is that?".
Ditto! :agree My thoughts exactly.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I like the way people say....But it don't look like a GTO??...... my reply..... What is the GTO supposed to look like? I get a confused I don't know expression out of people.

I get told, but it don't look retro. I say get in...... when we get back I say, does it feel retro? I get a yesssss, I said does it moooooooooove like retro, I get a yessss, I then say, then I guess you anwered your own question.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Great stuff:

*LS2 power (enough to handle just about any situation)
*Blue/blue combo (I'm always getting comments on the paint and blue leather
*Exhaust note is killer
*Slick Interior styling and features
*Unique muscle car/I like driving something that few people own. (I rarely see another late model GTO, unlike the Mustang, which I traded as part of my GTO deal.
*Rear seats are actually roomy enough for passengers

This car is just a blast to drive. And since I spend a lot of time in my car (daily commute 75 miles r/t), I'm going to make it fun!:rofl:

·
Registered
142 Posts
• The power
• The handling for a heavier car is very impressive IMO
• Low muscular stance
• Body style looks awesome
• The exhaust sound
• The world class interior
• Hardly ever see other GTO’s on the road
• The solid feel
• High quality materials and workmanship
• The Impulse Blue is THE coolest color (and THE fastest)

·
1/8 7.63 at 89.14, 60ft of 1.61
260 Posts
StangStalker said:
I agree with everyone elses posts and I would just have to sum it up in 4 words: 'Cause it's bad ass :cool
:agree BDASGTO

·
Registered
125 Posts
Its a GTO
Its a Pontiac
Sound
Interior Color (mine is red)
Comfort (I love the seats)
Looks, it looks way cool
400 HP man!
Love the GTO on the calibers
Love the GTO on the engine
My two kids (19 and 15) and all their friends think its so cool
Its a muscle car (my first)
taking it to cruise night
Getting to be a member of this forum!

·
Registered
13 Posts
It looks like a regular car with big tires on it.

Hauls a$$ without looking like a kids car.

The best seats (and interior for that matter) in anything wearing a domestic insignia.

I can drive it in the winter with some snow tires.

You don't see one on every street corner.

I seriously don't understand what peoples problems were with the 2004 model. It was true to the original formula: Take existing platform, put some nice rims and badges on it, beef up the suspension and brakes, and put your best motor in it.

Big deal, so it dosen't have "stripes" and hoodscoops on it. They didn't start that crap until it had been out for like 5 years. Last I checked, stickers don't make a car any more fun to drive. If anything, you look like a dork.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I must say its everything you all mentioned, and the pissed off attorney in his black (sweet I might add) 650I $80k+ BMW who just got its doors blown off by my 30k american/australian coupe there are not too many american vehicles in this price range that can do this. Oh yeah in addition even though I am married I must say this thing is major P magnet you know what I mean fellas:lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
if you read the dealers material (the 05 is better) it says it all stop at your local pontiac dealer and pick one up while they last. check out motor trend type in gto in search and look at both the holden and Vauxhall web sites also fast autos dot com that should cheer you up ps dont forget the race group dot com on the rolex gt series the gtos have been kicking serious ass beating bmws corvettes,vipers and porsche's saw them take first and second at lime rock race track lets see ford or dodge do that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.