Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think?

All of my instincts tell me not to even bother with this car, but for the price, I have to say I am intrigued.

The dealer has said the problems were fixed and GM sold it to them as a Lemon non-legal action buy-back, which will be on the title when purchased. This will obviously lower the trade-in/resale value of the vehicle.

The dealer also eMailed me what all was wrong with the vehicle, and why it was bought back.

Here is the info:

R.O Date R.O Number Type Labor Operation Odometer Reading
10/14/2005 092084 # J9991 - CUSTOMER CONCERN NOT DUPLICATED 15051 miles
10/12/2005 097383 # Z7097 - BUYBACK DEALER ADMINISTRATIVE ALLOW OTHER THAN LEGAL 7300 miles
07/20/2005 088954 # J5350 - PEDAL, ACCELERATOR - REPLACE 7285 miles
07/20/2005 088954 # Z7903 - 3-DAY COURTESY TRANSPORTATION 7285 miles
07/08/2005 088557 # J9995 - CUSTOMER CONCERN NOT DUPLICATED 7111 miles
07/08/2005 088557 # Z7903 - 3-DAY COURTESY TRANSPORTATION 7111 miles
06/29/2005 088280 # J5650 - INJECTOR, FUEL - REPLACE 7003 miles
06/29/2005 088280 D J5650 - INJECTOR, FUEL - REPLACE 7003 miles
06/29/2005 088280 # Z7903 - 3-DAY COURTESY TRANSPORTATION 7003 miles
06/29/2005 088280 # Z5001 - VIP FREIGHT/POSTAGE REIMBURESEMENT 7003 miles
06/22/2005 088020 # J6372 - SENSOR, OXYGEN (ENGINE CONTROL) - REPLACE 6618 miles
06/06/2005 012705 # J4226 - PLUGS, SPARK - ONE - REPLACE 6210 miles
05/12/2005 011098 # J9995 - CUSTOMER CONCERN NOT DUPLICATED 5306 miles
02/16/2005 A67279 I Z7000 - PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION - BASE TIME 0 miles

I've read some posts on this forum about the loss of power regarding the throttle body on these LS2's... but I'm not sure about the stalling/fuel injector issues.

What do you guys think?

--Setherial

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I have 2 concerns.

1. Is what were the non-duplicated problems?

2. how many miles on it? 15k as of last update on the site.

1 point to make out.
GM did not buy back. The dealership did. So that means they spent more on the trade. If GM buys the car back then its scrapped or parted.

I'd say that is a risk not needed to take. You can buy one with no issues for about the same price.

Or I would buy the car and get an extended warranty through GMPP. CYA!!!

The dealership is being upfront. Which is VERY GOOD. They did not have to disclose that info to you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just purchased a '05 M6 w/ 6,500 miles on it in mint condition w/ the 5 year, 75k warranty for $26k - I would spend the extra 2k+ and get something in mint condition you won't be worried about. just my 2c

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
V8Goat said:
I just purchased a '05 M6 w/ 6,500 miles on it in mint condition w/ the 5 year, 75k warranty for $26k - I would spend the extra 2k+ and get something in mint condition you won't be worried about. just my 2c

$26k with tax/fees? Or before?

Either way, that's a great price.... and you guys are of course correct.

The red flags are all over that Goat... no matter if it's exactly what I want... Black... 6 speed... LS2... hehehe.

Thank you for your help everyone!

--Setherial

·
Registered
6 Posts
$26k from private party - so no sales tax. If you hunt around you can find them, may have to travel out of state to get the exact one you want though.

Good luck to ya :cool

G

·
johnebgoode said:
Run Forest........RUN...!!!
That's what I'd do also. My buddy just got GM to buy back his C6 his was one of the first one's the dealership sold the car was in the shop 76 work days in one year. Buy a new one who knows what dude did with the car :willy:

·
Registered
674 Posts
johnebgoode said:
Run Forest........RUN...!!!
i third it. there are a lot of buyback cars out there. gm has the car bought back so it can be resold without the lemon on the title.

mine was almost bought back because it wouldnt start because the headlights wouldnt shut off. a lot of could not duplicates. turns out they say i was not following the proper shut down procedure, and if i did not use the auto headlight mode i would not have had a problem.

think about the difference between why they were going to buy mine back,and why that lemon you are looking at was bought back.

the accelerator pedal problem was a problem getting a part. the rest reminds me of the old saying "there is no such thing as a cheap GTO"

·
Registered
585 Posts
Sounds like it has electical gremlins. Maybe someone shipped some Lucas parts to the Holden plant? Wow, you have been around Lucas. Ever see the electric choke they developed for Triumph Motors?? What a mess. Of course there is nothing like an XKE Jag. Turn on the lights and the windshield wipers come on.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
UdnUdnGTO said:
Sounds like it has electical gremlins. Maybe someone shipped some Lucas parts to the Holden plant? Wow, you have been around Lucas. Ever see the electric choke they developed for Triumph Motors?? What a mess. Of course there is nothing like an XKE Jag. Turn on the lights and the windshield wipers come on.
Had an MGB GT in my younger years. Drive along, headlights just go out. If it was raining, good chance fuel pump would stop. Oh, and it was mounted above the rear axle. Owners manual said "If you don't hear the clicking of the fuel pump, take a small hammer and tap it till it starts.

Let me tell you, when it's wet or cold, and you've just crawled out from the mud under the car alongside a road, it puts a real damper on the driving experience.

·
Registered
307 Posts
UdnUdnGTO said:
Never owned a British car, but when I was growing up a man who lived across the street owned a TR-6 and later a TR-7. While they looked fun to drive, the hood was up more often than not...

·
Registered
188 Posts
UdnUdnGTO said:
Question: Know why the British drink warm beer?

Answer: Because they own Lucas refrigerators!...:lol:

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm going throught a Magg-Moss federal action now with GM over my '05 Caddy CTS. At 9K miles the tranny went, towed. Then when we got it back with a new tranny it wouldn't shift. Next day after repairs it wouldn't start.......towed again. After repairs tried to start it the next morning......towed again. That's just a summation of all we've been through with this car. After buying GM products for the past 40 years I am totally pissed at this comany's "ethics". Even three different Caddy dealers wouldn't make us a trade out offer on the car. Now, five months later we've finally filed a federal lawsuit to get them to comply with a buy-back. Lawyer said it could take another year to settle..........I'm upset. Never buy a problem car.

JET

·
Registered
214 Posts
RUN! I bought a 1999 Chrysler 300M in 2000 (7200 miles) from a local dealer that the original owner experienced numerous problems. Supposedly they were fixed and the dealer was exending the warranty to 75,000 miles for free, so I thought what could go wrong? Answer - everything electrical!

Had the car for two years and it was in the shop more than it wasn't. My advise, look elsewhere for a deal on a non-lemon car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.