Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think it looks like sh!t, personally. Way too "*******".

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yep. That thing's from the mid- to late-nineties. There were even two versions of it, and you have both of them pictured: One where the three strakes ahead of the front wheel didn't line up with the three strakes trailing the wheel, and one on which they did line up.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Let's see, the front view made my stomach churn, the side view made me nauseous, and the rear out right made me puke. Given these symptoms, I would say it is not my favorite. I agree with GTOtbird, 6 year, 75K warranty on the '05 goat is sounding better and better.

Just more proof that GM has some serious issues.

·
Registered
455 Posts
As others have pointed out, this is an old concept--no idea what the new vision of a future Goat would be.

But, I'll give my impressions on that old concept.

For one thing, it is obvious it is a concept. For some reason, a lot of concept vehicles, especially from the 80s and 90s, would have a crimped bottom-side. I don't know the technical terms, but in this GTO sideview you see at the bottom, in front of the rear tire, it crimps up? That crimp is common in concepts, but I have yet to see it make reality. Plus the extreme angularness of the vehicle again is one of those things common in 80s/90s concept cars, but doesn't make it to production.

I'll have to go against the grain and say I like the front end pretty much. I like the darkened slanted headlights, and the hoodscoops. The "beak" where it comes to a point on the hood and bumper area are nice. The bumper area (or whatever the area below the headlights is) is too large/tall though. Also, I don't like the bumpy streaks that start on the front bumper and continue behind the front wheelwell--look too much like a Nike shoe and not something that should be a car. If it were real vents of some sort, even if they didn't have a practical function, it might work. But not these raised streaks.

The side is rather bland. I don't like the raised streaks, but could use some real ventage maybe, as I pointed out above. The crimp would have to go. The side window looks like it is a bit on the small side combined with bowing out a bit--might suck for visibility. I'd lower the beltline a bit.

The back end of it is terrible. It's like the designer thought of something he/she thought was a neat looking front end, but kind of ran out of steam when it came to adding the rest of the car to go with that front end. When it comes to the back, it looks like an uninspired hodgepodge that was just thrown in there to complete the car--no vision or thought of design. The bumper area is huge, and the trunk.. where is the trunk lid? It seems almost concave--not the slightest bit practical. (Yes, we don't care about every ounce of practicality with our Goats, but come on things don't need to be unnecessarily complicated).

Overall the angularness, the raised streaks, and the big flat stretches give the car a very 80s/90s Nightrider-ish feel. And the back gives it the same feeling I get when reading a book where it is evident the author had no creative inspiration to write it, only a contractual one.

·
Registered
439 Posts
haha, that's not new. Looks like crap too. I'm thinking the new goat will either take the place of the T/A, or instead stick with the zeta platform instead of the smaller version in the new camaro.

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
186 Posts
05GOAT said:
That thing is still ugly and sits high enough of the ground to fly at top speeds.
I think the proper word is F'ugly.

JM

·
Registered
53 Posts
That car will never see the show room floor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.