Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy came into my shop today with a 2002 Mustang GT. He tells me he took his car to another shop. A small 2 or 3 man operation. He spoke to the manager a day or so prior to taking it there. Then, when he took it in for his appointment, (for a brake issue) the same manager was drinking a tall boy and was obviously intoxicated! Now, I don't know about you guys, but this just seems really shady to me. Anything could happen while this guy is drunk. And if he's test driving a car with 250 horsepower?! What on earth is he thinking. So, anyway, the Mustang owner tries to be polite and says he has to be somewhere and can't get the job done right then. So he left and came down the street to us. How would you feel if you found out the repair shop you've been going to has been having an intoxicated mechanic fool with your car. And test drive it. dsfldjafkld. I can't believe that. If I took my car somewhere and thought someone was going to be driving it drunk I'd never go there again.

So, I wasn't sure where to put it, but what do you guys think about that? Crazy right?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll leave that up to the Mustang owner. We don't want to cause any trouble between the two shops. We're only about 3 blocks apart. But yeah. It's really shady and possibly only a matter of time til something really bad happens.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
I'll leave that up to the Mustang owner. We don't want to cause any trouble between the two shops. We're only about 3 blocks apart. But yeah. It's really shady and possibly only a matter of time til something really bad happens.
IMO.... If this is a common problem over there, it's just a matter of time until they are to blame for someone else's injuries or the kill themselves. You can report them while remaining anonymous.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll keep that in mind. I just can't believe something like this could go on. I'll have a drink on a special occasion, but the guy must have a serious problem if he's got to do it at work. Jeez.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Screw that!!!

I'd ask the guy if he has business insurance. Then leave him my car and come back with a 12 pack for him. Before i leave with it I'll ask him to test drive it for me and keep my fingers crossed that he crashes it or ****s it up somehow. That way when comes back to the shop, I'll call the cops and sew him for property damanage life endangerment and whatever else I can get away with.

Then I buy myself a nice spanking new GTO/ or lightly used. Supercharge it, slam it and do whatever else I can from the money I made.

You see a problem, I see a $ opportunity. LOL Call me ****ty but I'm picking up the bar tab biatch!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Obviously, that's someone with a drinking problem. Seeing something that blatant is pretty rare. I remember a company I was working for was moving -- and the sales rep for one of the bidding companies showed up totally blotto -- at 915AM. Sad way to live. Hope he gets help.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sad indeed. The mustang owner came round at 2 o'clock. So he must have started by noon or so. I hope he gets help as well. I've talked to him once or twice and he seems like an ok guy. I'll have a talk with my boss and put it off on him. I think he knows the owners down there so maybe it'll go over smoother that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts