Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this won't be a terribly informative or important thread, but I gotta say it. I'm a pretty new GTO owner (posted in the new member section a couple weeks ago) and I can't believe how giddy this car makes me. I have a couple buddy's that like a fast trip and everytime I show them what the GTO can do, I get this huge smile on my face and my heart pumps the rest of the night. Well....gotta go, now where did I put my keys?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just thought of something. Are we like mustang owners thinking we have the best and fastest cars arounds because we're a little biased, or is it just plain fact? I think that it's a fact after owning this car for a little while and killing the cars that I have. I love this machine! I think I'm going to leave work early just to play around in it some more. :lol: It never gets old.

·
Registered
54 Posts
radioboy said:
As for the other 10-percent, what cars in the 400hp range (stock) could whoop the Goat? Or are you talking about the other stuff out there like “supercars” with lots more power??
I believe that he's referring to the other cars that have work done to make them put more power to the road. Our GTOs have so much potential, it's crazy to think how fast we can get them with about $10,000 maybe invested into them. It's a blast to drive now, just think about when you could have over 600rwhp. I can't wait!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lkynmbr3 said:
I just thought of something. Are we like mustang owners thinking we have the best and fastest cars arounds because we're a little biased, or is it just plain fact? I think that it's a fact after owning this car for a little while and killing the cars that I have. I love this machine! I think I'm going to leave work early just to play around in it some more. :lol: It never gets old.
I like to think that I am not TOO biased (buy maybe a little). I love cars in general, love to run with/against all sorts of cars and try to make it about mutual respect for each other's car, not hold some grudge against non-GTO's. I've already had a couple instances were I had to give the thumbs up after a loss, but it's the same thumbs up that I give after a win! Save for a few posts that I've read, most GTO owner's seem to be pretty appreciative and respectful to other rides, not a bad thing to be a part of!

·
Registered
77 Posts
BVBULL...you hit the nail on the head........if your driving a GTO then you are a car guy and as car guys go we know what we have and respect the gearheads that own other brands. I still get "giddy" when I put this puppy only half way to the floor. (still breaking er in)The wife sitting beside me says "you should see your face". As a former 81 Vette and Porche Turbo owner I always appreciated the respect and enthusiasm when hanging with my friends that were also fellow car nuts and can honestly say that the GTO is the most fun I've had in years. Can't wait to get Pedders and new wheels. See ya on the road.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Gpr1200r said:
BVBULL...you hit the nail on the head........if your driving a GTO then you are a car guy and as car guys go we know what we have and respect the gearheads that own other brands. I still get "giddy" when I put this puppy only half way to the floor. (still breaking er in)The wife sitting beside me says "you should see your face". As a former 81 Vette and Porche Turbo owner I always appreciated the respect and enthusiasm when hanging with my friends that were also fellow car nuts and can honestly say that the GTO is the most fun I've had in years. Can't wait to get Pedders and new wheels. See ya on the road.
I agree...since purchasing this thing, I've become a car lover again...a feature they can't advertise.

Just last week, I calculated it...I've owned the car for two months, and have put an average of over 120 miles on the car every day. That's with my "dailly driver", a Bonneville, that hasn't left my driveway in two months, and for the last month, I've been out of a job and didn't have to drive it to work. The thing is too much fun to drive.:cheers

Gerry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes!!

I feel the same way.. I used to own a pretty fast cobra... I still love those cars I have to admit. But I have never loved a car soooooooo much as my new black/red 06 GTO.... I am truly in love!! My wife thinks Im a big kid..lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.