Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have the factory spec exhaust on my '70. Im looking for something with a little louder, deeper rumble, but not like glass packs or anything. What are your suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Right now I have the factory spec exhaust on my '70. Im looking for something with a little louder, deeper rumble, but not like glass packs or anything. What are your suggestions?
I have 3" Pypes with X pipe. Previous owner had them installed. Can't tell you how many people approach me even at traffic lights raving how great it sounds. The cam lope is accented nicely with it. It does have a loud drone at 35 mph or so. May not have been my choice of exhaust if I were looking for one as flowmasters sound nice but overall, the car sounds aggressive and intimidating.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Flowmaster "Delta-Flow" no interior resonance /drone / vibration / sound , all noise out the back . Totally different design than the original Flowmaster's .

·
Super Moderator
5,782 Posts
For your perusal....

Supposedly these mufflers are both their quietest and also their best flowing.

Be careful about choosing your pipe diameter. It's very easy to get them "too big" and to lose low-end torque in the process.

Bear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts