Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, im wondering what type of music and favorite artists gto owners enjoy flowing thru their speakers? not sure if age would be a factor or part of this great country we live in....Alan Jackson is my favorite artist, but ill also listen to hank sr. listening to period correct rock that matches the year of your gto is cool also....whats your pleasure?......

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Nothing but classic rock ...... Led Zeppelin, Zagger & Evans, .38 Special, The Cars, Boston, Kansas, Survivor, Alice Cooper, older Aerosmith, older Petty, Grassroots, Air Supply, Moody Blues, CCR, Asia, Foreigner, Cheap Trick, Crosby Stills Nash, Cream, ELO, Little River Band, Night Ranger, Uriah Heep, Phil Collins some Van Halen, music of that nature............... is there any other music?

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
I have nothing flowing thru the GTO except the sweet rumble of the exhaust. AM radio doesn't work and I haven't installed/hid a modern stereo yet. But if I had one, Judge pretty much covered everything I would be listening to......;)

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Classic and Old Rock and Roll from the early 60's to the early
70's, mostly. As stated, most anything Judge listed.
Might add: Animals, Neil Diamond, ELP, Four Seasons, Kenny Rodgers
and the First Editions, Jay and the Americans, Joe South, BJ Thomas, Guess Who,
Tommy James and the Shondells, Zombies, etc.....

Larry

·
Registered
22 Posts
Deep Purple, Foghat, AC/DC, Nazareth, Ted Nugent, ZZ Top, Stepenwolf, Black Sabath, Rainbow and for some mello tunes Head East, Guess Who, and some Dr. Hook

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
+1 for Classic Rock - make mine on the heavy side with some cojones and a killer drum groove, please. My all time favorite band is Grand Funk Railroad. :cheers

Bear

·
Registered
147 Posts
Def. an age specific question. Doubt anyone that has posted so far would know one of the bands i listen to regularly in the goat.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hahaha good one Judge. The only thing i share with that kid is a birthday and i am 26. I listen to bands the likes of Bring Me The Horizon, The devil Wears Prada, and Blessthefall.

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Lately I am a big fan of pandora radio. I have the app on my phone and I connect it to the mp3 player input on the stereo in the Beast. What I like about it is when you vote thumbs up or thumbs down on songs it learns what you like. After a while it's like having your very own radio station that never plays a bad song.

Bear

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
how about songs that make your foot heavy, like "Radar Love" by Golden Earring....:cool

who says old guys can't rock.....:lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Radar Love.....

When I was in HS I worked at a pizzeria/deli. Juke Box remember them? :eek:
Was when shops were open to like 2 am. Radar Love and bungle in the jungle drove me nuckin futz. Constantly playing. Its embedded in my skull, I was traumatized to those 2 songs. I are scarred for life for those 2 songs.:willy::willy:

.... and Lady GAG GAG has been spotted near me many times, she either has or is in the process of purchasing a home nearby. She's dating a Mennonite boy..... Imagine that? He "Compromised his Principals." Shes so fine he don't know where his money went............

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
@GTO Judge --- good point, and that illustrates something important. Music is an art form, and as such it's very much a matter of taste and in the "ear of the beholder" so to speak. Just like you with those two songs, our local classic rock stations here have played so much Pink Floyd and so much Boston for so long, that every time I hear any of their songs starting I want to puke. Notice I didn't say their music was bad or anything, it's just that I personally am sick to death of hearing it.

Bear

·
Registered
22 Posts
"Notice I didn't say their music was bad or anything, it's just that I personally am sick to death of hearing it."

this is how i feel about Led Zeplin, great music just tired of hearing it

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
outlaws marshall tucker creedance george thorogood allman brothers mountain ted nugent crosby stills n nash j giles bad company zztop nitty gritty dirt band jackson brown bto james gang skynyrd 38 special molly hatchett henry paul band.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts