Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About YOUR GTO since you've bought that you didn't know before you bought it?

I'll start with you can put Corvette C5 brakes on the front which have more friction material than our stock ones :cheers

·
Registered
410 Posts
best preventive maintenance you can do is flush and bleed the brake fluid, preferably with synthetic. It seems to be collecting lots of moisture in the trip over here from down under. This also has the benefit of improving brake pedal firmness.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You have really cool gadgets in your instrument pannel lie the stop watch and o/speed also i read you can connect a phone to the radio and you can listen to people thourhg the speakers.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have learned that the BFG's that come on the car stock suck!

I've learned a lot of other things, but that's a good place to start.

·
Registered
674 Posts
do you guys, especially folks coming from Fbodies notice the seats are a little high. I cant get them low enough. I feel like I am in a SUV sitting up high. My mini sized wife loves it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
These cars come with a built in shift light that is programmed out by our great friends from GM. Thanks you bastards.
There is a man in MI that has found a way to reprogram these back in along with other titles instead of the Pontiac that comes up in the beginning of start up. Like HSV or Holden.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Check your tire pressure when you first get your GTO to ensure that they still don't have the 60 PSI used for their voyage from down under.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I learned that anyone that bought the car before this week overpaid. Had I waited a week GM would have thrown another 3000 of card earnings towards the car. OUCH!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tom said:
I learned that anyone that bought the car before this week overpaid. Had I waited a week GM would have thrown another 3000 of card earnings towards the car. OUCH!!
You can't think like that. That's like saying if I bought the winning lottery ticket I'd have one of every color :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine TP was 50psi. Adjusted it today

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have learned that with just two snow tires it is no problem driving this car in bad winter conditions that we have here in Buffalo NY. :cool

1 - 11 of 11 Posts