Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have the Kooks 1 7/8" and I have 0 fitment issues also. I actually just posted on another board about how they did the header, exhaust and IC piping on a friends 71 twin turbo Z28 and just going by the quality work done on his car, I wouldn't buy anything else :).

You may want to give TByrne a call also about the Kooks, they had a sale going on when I ordered mine.
Joe

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had Jba headers on my 04. I loved them and they only took about 3 hrs to install. They also don't require aftermarket cats wich won't void your warranty.:cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Freelancer said:
stay away from SW's then. I love mine, but they did not fit without some adjustment from a large hammer.

I agree, while I dont regret my decision for the price I got them at, they are a damn tight fit. I also still have some slight vibrations under the right conditions, but its few and far between.

American Racing Headers
Kooks
Stainless Works
Dynatech

all good reputable headers, just slightly different designs. One thing that is universal between people who put headers on is how much difference in performance and sound it makes.

·
Registered
115 Posts
alot of them wil fit noproblem you just have to deside if you want shortys or lts . myself i went slp lts and no regets and with the corsa good combo. best info if you do them yourself have a friend help makes life easyer. good luck. tbyrne is where i got mine.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I installed the SLP LT's on my 04. Not a bad install, but did have to lower the steering gear to install the driver's side header. What a diffrence, though!! And they came with performance cats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.