Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Whatever someone is willing to pay for it. To the best of my knowledge, the fact that it came from a GTO probably has no bearing on price as the rear-end could have come, or been under, any Pontiac GTO, Lemans, or Tempest. The fact that it seems to be a posi unit does make it worth more.

This shows the ZH code as being a 1965-1966 rear end. GTOAxleCodes Here it shows up in 1968 under Tempest http://www.wallaceracing.com/axledata2.htm

Do you know it to be original to the car? Best guess would be in the $150-$250 range if I were in need of it only because it was a posi rear end. 3.55's are a nice acceleration gear, but not a good gas mileage gear, and I would not want these in my car if I were planning on doing highway driving. So you have plus & minus with this rear-end.:thumbsup:

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
To the guy that needs it.....maybe $250 - $350. Not as easy to find these days as they used to be. If it is original to your car I would keep it. I wish I would have kept mine. That is the only original part to my car that I did sell and I regret it. :banghead:

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Out where I am, to the guy who needs it, if the posi is in good shape: $800 all day long. To anybody else, $350-$400 is the going rate. Out here in CA, you can't get a 3.55 one-legger for $250-$350...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts