Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I see one of these, it's always tearing ass around a corner or gunning it from a stoplight. It's like every mid-30's male who buys one as a family car remembers how fast his old Talon TSi was 15 years ago. Discuss.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Camshaft said:
Every time I see one of these, it's always tearing ass around a corner or gunning it from a stoplight. It's like every mid-30's male who buys one as a family car remembers how fast his old Talon TSi was 15 years ago. Discuss.
Can't say I've yet had the misfortune of actually laying eyes on one of these hideous things...

Blessing accounted for.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Groucho said:
Can't say I've yet had the misfortune of actually laying eyes on one of these hideous things...

Blessing accounted for.

Dang, i've gotten to use that TWICE today...it should be a smiley!

·
Registered
252 Posts
The wife has told me for years that Mopar owner can not stand to be driving slow... :lol: As an owner of a 1969 Plymouth (a family car when it was new)with a race ready 440 4spd, I can never resist a little spinning out here and there. I think it is partly the age thing, 'cause I like to do that every now and then in the GTO too. :willy: I just like fast cars, new or old..... ;)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't get me wrong, I love Mopars too, but it just seems that these Charger owners are acting like they have something to prove. Maybe they should all get "hung like a bull hamster" bumper stickers.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I get the 'Stang done i'll be sure to stop by for a visit. :seeya:

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I saw one so far on the road as I stated earlier.... It uglied me off the road. Perhaps they drive that way because it was built with an ugly stick. And, they are hoping the faster they drive it the less ugly it will look. It's a Dodge 300, that's what it is.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Marketing... How many ads have you seen for the mopars and the Hemi,every single one is about racing or racing related. Apparently the marketing works and the people buying them believe the hype that they can race a dragster if need be.
People on average are stupid and will believe what they say/hear/read without doing any further research.

·
Registered
104 Posts
1...they're almost as fugly as that motorcycle that was posted up not too long ago(if not as ugly)
2...everyone drives their car fast...look at all the rice burners too
3...I love my GTO :D

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
deftec said:
1...they're almost as fugly as that motorcycle that was posted up not too long ago(if not as ugly)
2...everyone drives their car fast...look at all the rice burners too
3...I love my GTO :D
I love your GTO too deft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers

·
Registered
590 Posts
Not on their defense, but I've seen a couple goat herders doing the same thing, just like C5,C6 owners, almost as bad as mustang owners. the more cars sold, the more some idiots will buy them... ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
westell said:
Not on their defense, but I've seen a couple goat herders doing the same thing, just like C5,C6 owners, almost as bad as mustang owners. the more cars sold, the more some idiots will buy them... ;)
Good call. Leasing makes all these cars more affordable to a larger population group. Every bunch has a bad apple.

And, hey, don't stereotype all mid-30s guys like that. I had a Nova SS right out of high school and when I sold it in 2002, it was a legit low 11 second street car that could be drive 60+ miles to do it. I now have a vette and don't drive like an a-hole.

·
Registered
565 Posts
GTO judge said:
I saw one so far on the road as I stated earlier.... It uglied me off the road. Perhaps they drive that way because it was built with an ugly stick. And, they are hoping the faster they drive it the less ugly it will look. It's a Dodge 300, that's what it is.
Only problem with that is the new 300 actually kind of nice and grows on you... poor Charger :(

·
Registered
565 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
Marketing... How many ads have you seen for the mopars and the Hemi,every single one is about racing or racing related. Apparently the marketing works and the people buying them believe the hype that they can race a dragster if need be.
People on average are stupid and will believe what they say/hear/read without doing any further research.
What about the 05 Stang?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One Big Rush said:
And, hey, don't stereotype all mid-30s guys like that. I had a Nova SS right out of high school and when I sold it in 2002, it was a legit low 11 second street car that could be drive 60+ miles to do it. I now have a vette and don't drive like an a-hole.
No, I was just stereotyping Charger owners in my area. :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts