Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear, people stop me just to ask what I'm driving... When I say a Pontiac GTO most people don't even know they make them.... And then there's those who just don't know.. I was getting fuel the other day, some high flow octane about $2.40.9 a gallon when a gentleman pulled up at the pump next too me, also to get fuel. He was in a ram air T/A red in color, beautiful car. He looked over to me and said nice car, I replied thank you and told him he also had a nice car. Then he stated that he had also looked into buying a GTO but went with the T/A because he wanted something a little more powerful than the GTO......... I calmly asked what he had in is T/A and he said it had a 5.7 liter with 345 hp all stock. I then informed the Man that I had a 6.0 liter with 400 hp and he said that I was whacked and that he knew for a fact that the 05-06 GTO's only had 305 hp... Am I whacked ? Am I wrong ???

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Dragon 32 said:
I swear, people stop me just to ask what I'm driving... When I say a Pontiac GTO most people don't even know they make them.... And then there's those who just don't know.. I was getting fuel the other day, some high flow octane about $2.40.9 a gallon when a gentleman pulled up at the pump next too me, also to get fuel. He was in a ram air T/A red in color, beautiful car. He looked over to me and said nice car, I replied thank you and told him he also had a nice car. Then he stated that he had also looked into buying a GTO but went with the T/A because he wanted something a little more powerful than the GTO......... I calmly asked what he had in is T/A and he said it had a 5.7 liter with 345 hp all stock. I then informed the Man that I had a 6.0 liter with 400 hp and he said that I was whacked and that he knew for a fact that the 05-06 GTO's only had 305 hp... Am I whacked ? Am I wrong ???
I would bet he's assuming the GTO has the same engine as the new Impala SS.

·
Registered
39 Posts
idiot.. I got into an arguement about the same damn thing at starbucks the other night.. guy trying to tell me his stock 02 T/A WS6 had 350 hp and I'm like you wish it did.. he started telling me about the difference between the trans am and the WS6.. I was pissed cause they owns the damn car and doesn't know anything about it.. So I schooled him in the history of the trans am and all the different packages for it.. Told him if he had any other questions about it google is his best friend.. Told him not to get mad when he finds out the truth and apoligizes this weekend when I see him again.. Some idiots shouldn't open their mouths..

·
Registered
33 Posts
dizz81 said:
idiot.. I got into an arguement about the same damn thing at starbucks the other night.. guy trying to tell me his stock 02 T/A WS6 had 350 hp and I'm like you wish it did.. he started telling me about the difference between the trans am and the WS6.. I was pissed cause they owns the damn car and doesn't know anything about it.. So I schooled him in the history of the trans am and all the different packages for it.. Told him if he had any other questions about it google is his best friend.. Told him not to get mad when he finds out the truth and apoligizes this weekend when I see him again.. Some idiots shouldn't open their mouths..
Why was the WS6 owner wrong? A typical 02 WS6 will dyno about 305hp TO THE WHEEL, which is the equivalent of ~350hp assuming around 15% drivetrain loss. So don't get so high and mighty, it may just be you who has to apologize to him.

·
Registered
39 Posts
umm this was no dyno number and like I said he said 350 hp.. we were talkin at the wheels.. sorry guess I should have included that.. Oh yeah google is your friend.. I'm not talking what you can expect at the dyno considering 15% drivetrain loss I'm talking about what GM quoted the cars on paper on the specification tables anywhere you look.. I know what these cars are capable of from the factory and that you will always have your factory freaks.. but 350hp at the wheels with no mods down to the stock paper filter?? that would be lovely to see but not realistic of every WS6..

Oh, nice garage between you and your son.. I've always wanted a WS6 since they changed the body style in 98.. I even almost bought an 02, but the dealership sold it out from under me as I was stationed in Italy and couldn't come home to put a down payment on it..

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Some people just do not know. I went to a very retarted car meet with Mustangs and they could not believe that my car had 400hp. Course they did not know what a CAM was either.

My father almost shat when I opened the hood to my car last year. He saw the LS2 and his jaw dropped to the floor, because he is a die hard vette guy. Wish I had a camera.

·
Registered
39 Posts
dealernut said:
Some people just do not know. I went to a very retarted car meet with Mustangs and they could not believe that my car had 400hp. Course they did not know what a CAM was either.

My father almost shat when I opened the hood to my car last year. He saw the LS2 and his jaw dropped to the floor, because he is a die hard vette guy. Wish I had a camera.

Oh I know.. everytime I go to the local car meets here, everyone wants me to pop my hood.. I get so many compliments when I do.. Most of them are like "Damn thats beautiful!" or "Wow!" or "Now thats clean." my fav tho "Damn that looks beast." :cheers Thats when I'm like it is.. I have so far given 15 different people rides in my car.. and thats not including the guys and girls that revisit for a ride.. :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
dealernut said:

Neon Pony's strike again

·
Registered
49 Posts
Driving home from the dealer yesterday, We stopped at the store for a soda. Guy outside the store..... i wont get into what he looked or smelled like...

Nice car man is that a grand am?

:confused

I just started at him a moment and said, take a look at the badge, and walked into the store.

Sigh.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Borsig said:
Driving home from the dealer yesterday, We stopped at the store for a soda. Guy outside the store..... i wont get into what he looked or smelled like...

Nice car man is that a grand am?

:confused

I just started at him a moment and said, take a look at the badge, and walked into the store.

Sigh.

Just say yes and then put a nice black strip out of the store.

·
Registered
187 Posts
raven1124 said:
Man that would be so funnny! My friend has a V6 stang and thinks it's the sh*t. I would LOVE to show him that video.

I have a friend like that too, except he put on a saleen body kit and tells everyone he drives a saleen mustang :lol:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.